How to stop worrying about social media, and people not following you?

I have Aspergers, and have been talking to someone I like as a friend (and also secretly fancy!) on Instagram, and it's been going well. I also followed them on TikTok and liked some of their posts, but they haven't followed me back. I have been really nervous about this, and am scared that our relationship is fake or less somehow because of this. I know that they haven't posted again since I followed them, but then I remembered whenever someone follows me on TikTok I'm notified on the home-screen of my phone, so I got scared and thought "What if they have seen my follow and likes, why haven't they followed me back?". I've been trying to separate the anxiety from myself (like labelling it), as I know it is irrational. Do you guys go through similar anxieties, and how do you deal with it?

Parents
  • first thing to do is to get some perspective.

if you use social media, tiktok, instagram then you have either a smartphone, a laptop or a personal computer (or all three). you also have a stable internet connection. if you have these things, then you are within the top 10% of the world’s richest people (even if you're on welfare).

this means you have a very charmed life indeed. i'm guessing you also have clean running water to drink from a tap or to buy in a bottle (and to shower)? if so, you are truly blessed. 80% of the world doesn't have fresh water either in a tap or doesn't have enough money to buy bottled water, let alone to bathe in.

that can be a sobering fact to help you get some perspective. it might help you. 40% of the world's population don't have electricity. 20% are starving, 30% have been hungry for days and don’t know where their next meal is coming from.

i find this helps me when i get bogged down with stuff in my life. when I wish I had enough money to buy the latest apple iPhone, i give myself a reality check and remind myself that there are people just like me who wish they had enough money to buy an apple to eat.

i hope this helps.

• first thing to do is to get some perspective.

if you use social media, tiktok, instagram then you have either a smartphone, a laptop or a personal computer (or all three). you also have a stable internet connection. if you have these things, then you are within the top 10% of the world’s richest people (even if you're on welfare).

this means you have a very charmed life indeed. i'm guessing you also have clean running water to drink from a tap or to buy in a bottle (and to shower)? if so, you are truly blessed. 80% of the world doesn't have fresh water either in a tap or doesn't have enough money to buy bottled water, let alone to bathe in.

that can be a sobering fact to help you get some perspective. it might help you. 40% of the world's population don't have electricity. 20% are starving, 30% have been hungry for days and don’t know where their next meal is coming from.

i find this helps me when i get bogged down with stuff in my life. when I wish I had enough money to buy the latest apple iPhone, i give myself a reality check and remind myself that there are people just like me who wish they had enough money to buy an apple to eat.

i hope this helps.

Children
No Data