Website Problems/SO FRUSTRATING *Updated*

For about a week now, I've had major problems trying to access this forum. Either it partially loads, or doesn't load at all. Even when it partially loads, many of the features of the forum don't work. I can't reply to some threads, and the ones I can reply to don't seem to let me edit my posts or use quotes. On top of all that, if I try to load different topics, it freezes. There's no rhyme or reason to the problems, it's completely random - and if I don't give up soon, I'm going to end up pulling out my hair! Does anyone else have these same issues? I don't think I've seen a website so full of glitches and bugs since the early days of the internet.

UPDATE: *I've switched browser from Safari to Chrome and, fingers crossed, a lot of the issues have been resolved.*

Parents
  • Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback about this website. I've passed this one to the web team. If you like to get in touch with more feedback, you can email us at communitymanager@nas.org.uk.

Many thanks!

Eunice Mod

• 1. the most important breakage due to the rewrite is the Private Message system -- after 3 messages you can't read anything because they are behind the text input box. This was working fine before the update. Its now effectively useless. 

2. we need to be able to add any type of image to the forum replies. Currently we can only attach GIF images. we should also be able to add JPG and PNG  images. I have noticed that there was a marked drop in image usage in the new product and many people leave ( those into photography ) due to the limitations imposed on images.

why cant you open a discussion for logging defects, bugs, and improvements ? that way we can see if the issue has been reported already and when.  This would stop duplicate issues ( emails) being reported over an over again.

• 1. the most important breakage due to the rewrite is the Private Message system -- after 3 messages you can't read anything because they are behind the text input box. This was working fine before the update. Its now effectively useless. 

2. we need to be able to add any type of image to the forum replies. Currently we can only attach GIF images. we should also be able to add JPG and PNG  images. I have noticed that there was a marked drop in image usage in the new product and many people leave ( those into photography ) due to the limitations imposed on images.

why cant you open a discussion for logging defects, bugs, and improvements ? that way we can see if the issue has been reported already and when.  This would stop duplicate issues ( emails) being reported over an over again.

Children
No Data