Working for a call centre!

I have recently been working for a call center, due to covid it was a viable option as it was homebased. 

The first week was rough the predicted crash course with fries like any other major corporation. 

I felt stress as I was not trained properly for the job but as the weeks progressed I adapted and learnt on the job, I suppose like everyother person. 

I started to feel really burnt-out at the end of the day and this week past I've been completely exhausted yesterday I had such chest pains that I threw up, my head was sweating and I was dizzy.

Has anyone ever felt like this in a similar role. 

I feel bad, what ever job I do the stress of it alway makes me ill mentally I just push myself through but yesterday I really felt I was going to die, I know that's melodramatic but that how I experienced my situation, plus it being cover incarceration year where I live the doctors surgery isn't even answering the phone not that they did before I suppose. 

Parents
  • I worked for a couple of years as a receptionist on the phone all day. I hated it. My ears just wore out with all the noise and constant questions and talking, every evening I had to go home and lie down in a dark room in complete silence. I stopped using the phone after that and still prefer texting and emailing.
    You are very brave to do such a loud job, good luck.

• I totally get where you're coming from. Working in a call center, especially during these crazy times, can be super draining. I've been there myself. It's rough at first, but you start figuring things out as you go. And yeah, burnout is no joke. It's important to take care of yourself.

• By the way, I'm actually in the market for a VoIP system for work.

Reply Children
No Data