'Coming out' after being diagnosed

Hi all. I'm Robin and yesterday I was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. I'm not sure what to do now!

My mam was with me for my assessment, and I've told my brother and my closest pal. But how do I go about telling people at work? It's not like I need them to make any adjustments at the moment, so it's almost irrelevant but it also feels like something important to share.

Does anyone have any advice?

Parents
  • I'm the type who can, given the opportunity, cure cancer. Yet, I can't hold onto a job; due to circumstances beyond my control.

It's chicken-and-egg. Don't worry, so much, about what comes first. Instead; let your employers know in your CV/Application Form, but don't parade it for the world to see. Masking can be difficult; but - as Plastic said - you'll know who your REAL friends are.

• I'm the type who can, given the opportunity, cure cancer. Yet, I can't hold onto a job; due to circumstances beyond my control.

It's chicken-and-egg. Don't worry, so much, about what comes first. Instead; let your employers know in your CV/Application Form, but don't parade it for the world to see. Masking can be difficult; but - as Plastic said - you'll know who your REAL friends are.

Children
No Data