Anyone with interoceptive hypersensitivity?

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone has experience of this - it's basically being overly aware of your bodies needs - even if you don't know how to deal with them - hunger, thirst, hot cold etc.  I'm trying to read into it but most sites are aimed at treating children and limit interoception to being aware of your own heartbeat - when it's much more complicated than that.

Basically, not being able to shut my body up, or ignore it's discomforts is the main source of my meltdowns/ shutdowns and I need to learn how to manage it, but there appear to be very few resources that will help.

Does anyone else have similar issues - if so, do you have coping mechanisms?  Are there any good sites out there that look at the adult experience?

I'm just very frustrated that I've pinpointed a core issue, and seem to have no access to learn how to deal with it!

I have other sensory processing issues, but they fade into insignificance compared to interoception.  The only time I get a break is when I'm immersed in research (which is rare, as I run a household and have a full time job) or asleep.

Parents Reply Children
No Data