Coding as a career?

Hi

So I have tried Scratch, abit, on my raspberry pi and liked it.  Took a lot of concentration but was wondering with the rise of AI, if it was worth pursuing as a career.

I tried a legal career and couldn’t even get my foot in the door.  So taking later risk of upgrading my computer to do this is, worrying. 

Anyone got any advice?

Parents
  • Hey :) Coding is a really important skill that not enough people know relative to industry requirements! But it's not just about coding, but being able to apply it somewhere (building websites, software design). It's hard work, but can be very lucrative :D 

• It certainly doesn't have to be all about being a coder by trade. I've used my coding skills in several jobs outside of software development. It can be very handy to be able to write scripts, or plugins for other software, to automate otherwise tedious computing tasks. For example, when I was a CNC machine operator, I often wrote little Python or Ruby scripts to tidy up the data used to encode the machine's movements ("G-code") so that jobs would run a little faster or more safely.

• It certainly doesn't have to be all about being a coder by trade. I've used my coding skills in several jobs outside of software development. It can be very handy to be able to write scripts, or plugins for other software, to automate otherwise tedious computing tasks. For example, when I was a CNC machine operator, I often wrote little Python or Ruby scripts to tidy up the data used to encode the machine's movements ("G-code") so that jobs would run a little faster or more safely.

Children
No Data