Coding as a career?

Hi

So I have tried Scratch, abit, on my raspberry pi and liked it.  Took a lot of concentration but was wondering with the rise of AI, if it was worth pursuing as a career.

I tried a legal career and couldn’t even get my foot in the door.  So taking later risk of upgrading my computer to do this is, worrying. 

Anyone got any advice?

Parents
  • Both of the fields you have described are very competitive to get into nowadays. I done a Master's degree in electrical engineering and struggled to maintain employment after uni mainly due to struggling with the social side of things. My friend done a computer science degree and is also struggling to find employment in coding or other similar fields after almost 1 year. Basically if you want to succeed as a programmer you will need to not only put your soul into getting a qualification and lots of experience outside of uni, you will also need to be able to cope with the social side of passing an interview and demonstrating yourself to an employer

• Both of the fields you have described are very competitive to get into nowadays. I done a Master's degree in electrical engineering and struggled to maintain employment after uni mainly due to struggling with the social side of things. My friend done a computer science degree and is also struggling to find employment in coding or other similar fields after almost 1 year. Basically if you want to succeed as a programmer you will need to not only put your soul into getting a qualification and lots of experience outside of uni, you will also need to be able to cope with the social side of passing an interview and demonstrating yourself to an employer

Children
No Data