Finding a relationship

Hello, 

Please can you anyone help me with what I am struggling the most, 

I have to find a relationship or taking next steps to finding love, however I have tried dating sites, I just got turned down and I present myself very well. I connect very well people and i have no trouble communicating with people, 

I don't know if im rushing things or how I'm seeking a relationship I'm not doing it right i don't know. I concert worry about ill be on my own for near future? 

Any advice? 

Thanks 

Parents
  • I'm thinking about expunging the fact that i am Autistic from my dating profile.  I guess my ideal person would not care but the world is far from ideal.   I need to con someone into thinking i'm an normal person and then tell them about ASD when they're already too far in.  Play it like an NT would.  Thoughts anyone?  Did you reveal that you were ASD in the text? I'm guessing no for most people.

• I would never mention I'm ASD in a profile - it's a spectrum condition but most people will imagine a RainMan-type person and immediately discount an otherwise perfect match.     

• Also whilst i think on my profile just mentions an unspecified disability. haha.  Hilarious right?  I just don't know how to sell myself in todays (meat) market.

• I would of course turn my nose up at the suggestion of a quick shag. I am so shocked and appalled by this notion! haha

I have made some effort.  You can glean an amount about me from my profile.  Would love to meet another despairing and literate, Egalitarian on there.

• You are of course right.  I will let them ask what's wrong with me at some conversational point.  Obviously i will have to mention it at some point though.  Being very deceptive is just not me i don't think. So i'm not cut out for this.  I do have an 8 year old photo though so i am capable of such feats haha

• I wouldn't put ANY negatives in a profile - remember, it's an initial contact you're looking for so you don't shoot yourself in the foot.       Unspecified problems always put people off.      Too much detail about your problems labels you just as a collection of problems.

If you meet someone you really get on with, you become a big pile of positives with a couple of small negatives - a net positive.

"Deaf hunchback with speech impediment and serious bell fetish seeks tall slim model."

Or

"Frenchman with a love of language and live music seeks open-minded, adventurous woman."

Smiley

• I wouldn't put ANY negatives in a profile - remember, it's an initial contact you're looking for so you don't shoot yourself in the foot.       Unspecified problems always put people off.      Too much detail about your problems labels you just as a collection of problems.

If you meet someone you really get on with, you become a big pile of positives with a couple of small negatives - a net positive.

"Deaf hunchback with speech impediment and serious bell fetish seeks tall slim model."

Or

"Frenchman with a love of language and live music seeks open-minded, adventurous woman."

Smiley

Children
  • You are of course right.  I will let them ask what's wrong with me at some conversational point.  Obviously i will have to mention it at some point though.  Being very deceptive is just not me i don't think. So i'm not cut out for this.  I do have an 8 year old photo though so i am capable of such feats haha