Work

Hi all, I guess this is more of a moan really. As some of you know there was a HUGE traumatic incident in December. I'm on high dosage anxiety meds at the moment but still I'm struggling day to day. Anyway, before said event I was looking for a new job, going out more, talking to people again etc.I'm good at masking for interviews so I had a very positive interview in a particular field that I have been desperate to get into. This would be a fantastic oppourtunity but it would start Feb/March time. However, since I had to go on Uni credits since mid December and I've told them about this job they dont seem interested. Their sending me adverts for jobs in public situations which freaks me out at the best of times let alone right now. I'm really not coping very well with everything right now and this Uni credits thing is pushing me further over the edge. They want me to go into their offices next week which I'm dreading too. I want a job but I want the job I've got a special interest in and that I wont have to deal with many people. I've even started further training to improve my chances even further with this company and I've told uni credits this. I also know that I need time right now, I know I need to 'get on with life' and whatever random rubbish people throw at me, but I need to withdraw right now.

I'm lucky that I've not had to deal with uni credits before (I'm now almost 40) but their driving me crazy already

Parents
  • I feel for you.  I have been on universal credit for a long time.  My area was used as part of the early experiment. And the pushing is really bad.

I had to justify to my work coach how I spent 35 hours a week in job hunting activities. Or they wouldn't pay me.

After six months I was referred to a private employment agency who would 'help me' find work.  Attend these weekly sessions (and do everything they ask) in addition to the weekly job centre appointments, or I wouldn't get paid.

This private company pushed me to applying for jobs I wasn't suitable for or qualified to do.  Anything,  just to get me off state benefits.  They encouraged ( and told me) to lie about my experience,  qualifications and health,  just to 'get the job.'   I asked them, what happens if I end up in a job that I'm clearly unsuitable for and unable to do it. The reply was:  'That's their problem not yours."

I did end up in an unsuitable job.  very quickly there were problems, I was placed under investigation,  they discovered that I hadn't disclosed ALL my health problems in my health declaration.  As a result I was fired.

• I feel for you.  I have been on universal credit for a long time.  My area was used as part of the early experiment. And the pushing is really bad.

I had to justify to my work coach how I spent 35 hours a week in job hunting activities. Or they wouldn't pay me.

After six months I was referred to a private employment agency who would 'help me' find work.  Attend these weekly sessions (and do everything they ask) in addition to the weekly job centre appointments, or I wouldn't get paid.

This private company pushed me to applying for jobs I wasn't suitable for or qualified to do.  Anything,  just to get me off state benefits.  They encouraged ( and told me) to lie about my experience,  qualifications and health,  just to 'get the job.'   I asked them, what happens if I end up in a job that I'm clearly unsuitable for and unable to do it. The reply was:  'That's their problem not yours."

I did end up in an unsuitable job.  very quickly there were problems, I was placed under investigation,  they discovered that I hadn't disclosed ALL my health problems in my health declaration.  As a result I was fired.

Children
  • I'm sorry to hear this, in which case no doubt this caused you even more stress than was neccessary. I'm only asking for a few weeks to see how this other job pans out as they were really interested. I think the special interest helped as I didnt stop talking about that subject haha My husband works full time and they even asked him in. He said he cant as he's working full time plus overtime where he can get it