How to deal with obsessions

Hi everyone 

I was wondering if anyone else experiences this , but I find that I can get obsessed with something very easily , for example if I like an idea then I will think obsessively about how to go about it , research it etc. I find I have multiple obsessions at the same time which are constantly going round in my head which makes me exhausted, trying to figure out how to do my obsessions , for example planning a trip away or funding an activity. 

I tend to also get bored quickly so my obsessions can fizzle out in a matter of days/weeks , but some go on for months. Does anyone else experience this too? 

any advice would be greatly appreciated :) 

Parents
  • Obsessions are difficult to deal with.

If they are harmless because they don't have a negative effect on yourself or others, then treat them as a hobby and enjoy them.

If, however,  these obsessions are having a financial drain on your resources,  then you're in trouble. 

If an obsession is having an affect on your social relationships with other people around you.  Then my advice is try to see how other people see you.  In other words, ' see the other person's  point of view.'  And try to moderate the obsessive behaviour. 

I have more than my fair share of obsessions. Some too embarrassing to discuss here.

• For me its watches :( I'll see something I like,  research reviews and look for the best price. Justify to myself why I should buy ir and then buy it anyway. When it arrives I think it's OK but end up selling it for a loss, to buy something else :( 

I used to be obsessed about getting the latest PC hardware but managed to free myself of that one. 

Thr only good thing is i'm not a gambler!! 

• For me its watches :( I'll see something I like,  research reviews and look for the best price. Justify to myself why I should buy ir and then buy it anyway. When it arrives I think it's OK but end up selling it for a loss, to buy something else :( 

I used to be obsessed about getting the latest PC hardware but managed to free myself of that one. 

Thr only good thing is i'm not a gambler!! 

Children
No Data