Unsure of who is a troll and who isn't?

Who is and who isn't?  Apparently my best days are behind me though! Haha. You're telling me!

Parents
  • There does seem to be a disproportionate number of trolls on here recently, unfortunately! I can only assume that the children are bored due to the holidays so they thought they’d come on here and annoy the autistics, having nothing more productive to do with their time! Good to see you on here again after a long break btw!

• Personally i'm  hoping the guy who wants to mete out gun violence is a troll rather than a genuine Autistic.

Thanks! Nice to see you again too!  Are you still involved in mental health nursing? I think it was either start posting here again or ringing the crisis team for me. At least i've deleted fb again. Noticed a slight benefit already.  Maybe i'll have exclusively autistic friends in the future and finally give up on NT'S.

• Oh! I didn’t see the thread about gun violence!

I still do the odd shift in the dementia nursing homes. I don’t work too much, largely because I have two young children and my youngest daughter who is nearly 3 was also diagnosed as autistic in August, she’s still pre-verbal apart from the odd word so I need to be mostly at home for my children. My husband works full time hours as a MH nurse so I can only work when he’s at home to look after the children.

Sorry to hear that you came close to needing to ring the crisis team, what happened? Tbh since my diagnosis at the end of last year, I mostly do have autistic friends, which works a lot better. I started a local social group for autistic ladies back in March which helps with linking up with other autistic women and helping them to do the same. Are there any autism social groups near you that you could attend?

• The best things about social life are the fleeting vignettes you (I?) can remember.  Mutual attraction. Temporarily feeling a part of things.  Feeling of acceptance whether temporary or not.  I miss all that and i could probably do better if i put my mind to it.  It would take years of hurt but i'd probably get there.

• i polarise between two extremes of this all the time.

one day i want to be the guy with no social anxiety, who can cast charm during speech with super cool latency, minimal delays on understanding the thread of the conversation, and semantis of sentences, and with ubercool sunglasses on that would make david hasselhoff jealous... 

other days i watch someone for 9 minutes trying to open a door marked "pull" by pushing it, and ending up getting so angry they start kicking the door and cursing whoever locked them out, then blaming their shoemaker for their shoes not being strong enough to kick down the door eventually walking away spitting. and I wonder if maybe maybe all people are doomed here

in the end i mostly stay in isolation. real people in the real world are a nice idea, but theyre like zebras, they look great from afar on a safari or something, but get near one and you can't understand what its saying and it looks as generic as all the other ones, and you might as well have not bothered. (imho)

• i polarise between two extremes of this all the time.

one day i want to be the guy with no social anxiety, who can cast charm during speech with super cool latency, minimal delays on understanding the thread of the conversation, and semantis of sentences, and with ubercool sunglasses on that would make david hasselhoff jealous... 

other days i watch someone for 9 minutes trying to open a door marked "pull" by pushing it, and ending up getting so angry they start kicking the door and cursing whoever locked them out, then blaming their shoemaker for their shoes not being strong enough to kick down the door eventually walking away spitting. and I wonder if maybe maybe all people are doomed here

in the end i mostly stay in isolation. real people in the real world are a nice idea, but theyre like zebras, they look great from afar on a safari or something, but get near one and you can't understand what its saying and it looks as generic as all the other ones, and you might as well have not bothered. (imho)

Children
  • The best things about social life are the fleeting vignettes you (I?) can remember.  Mutual attraction. Temporarily feeling a part of things.  Feeling of acceptance whether temporary or not.  I miss all that and i could probably do better if i put my mind to it.  It would take years of hurt but i'd probably get there.