Does anyone have days when they simply can't speak?

I have been overloaded with work pressure and demands on me, at the same time criticisms of the way I work ("do it faster! "  "less detailed" ) at the same time they want it just as accurate.  Basically  unachieveable and unreasonable demands. This has been making me anxious for some time. 

I can't get out of the assignments because I'm kind of committed to them as an expert in my field and the most experienced person here.  As the pressure has continued to build, the last 2 days my anxiety got so high that I was unable to speak. I have cried a bit (on the stairs) but not spoken. I feel overwhelmed and overloaded. 

I have Aspergers with a high PDA profile.

Does anyone else have these days? it's awful, and I feel stupid afterwards. I would describe some other feelings if i had them, but I really suck at identifying feelings and I suck at talking to anyone about it without breaking down. The only thing i feel like is a storm raging inside me.

Parents
  • Hello Darkshines,

I have been there "Faster! More output!". I usually work by "I can do it quickly, or I can do it properly". I also felt anxious and stressed because I was under pressure. Before I was diagnosed, I didn't understand why I felt like this.

There is nothing wrong with taking your time. By taking your time, you ensure that any task you are given is completed to the best of your own ability.

• Unfortunately the time limits are being set by the government, so I have to comply by law and do it fast otherwise if I fail i take the whole ship down with me.  My problem is that my anxiety builds up to a point where I can't talk any more.

Reply Children
No Data