Meltdowns

I am an adult woman with a (recent) diagnosis of Aspergers syndrome and I have been experiencing as a direct result of my diagnosis what I can only describe as meltdowns. They aren't 'angry' meltdowns - I mean - I do feel angry when I have them but I don't act in an aggressive way or break things, I just cry uncontrollably for a bit. It has occurred to me that actually, I have experienced these before as well, under other circumstances, usually alone, but it didn't really occur to me that this is not something that happens to everybody. I put it down to depression and personality - which to be fair I guess in a way is true - but now I'm starting to realise that it is probably connected to being on the spectrum. 

I would like to understand more about this and I have tried to find information online, but it seems to be largely geared towards parents of autistic children and carers of more affected autistic people. What I would like is some resources to help me manage this behaviour in myself as it impacts my mental health and also to a degree my relationships with others. Does anybody know any good books that cover this? I am particularly interested in the way autism manifests in women, so if there is anything you can recommend on that subject I would be very grateful. 

Or does anybody have any advice - for instance is this likely to be a direct result of my autism or could it be another mh condition? I don't really meet enough criteria for anything 'interesting' (and I have done extensive research) but I definitely have anxiety and depression.  

Hang on... it just occurred to me that what I'm describing might just be better described as crying. Lol. Well anyway, any advice is appreciated.