Why

Over the last few weeks and months, I have been asking my self the question. Why my parents didn't seek diagnosis while I was a child. I saw many educational psychologists and other professionals. 

I got through so many pencils, because I used to chew them, my concentration levels at school was poor (it still is). I started school in the late 70's, even at an early age i was struggling, from what i can remember even before I started school there were problems. 

I remember having the struggles of being singled out because my work wasn't up to scratch.  

I'm now 47 and stuck on a waiting list that is making me feel anxious. 

Parents
  • All the reasons people have shared here is why we need to raise awareness of what autism actually is, why it's not to be feared, why it's not "labelling", but unlocks the ability to understand yourself and provide support where support is needed. Otherwise problems can build up until breaking point. It's sad that most of us have to get to breaking point before we find out about ASD.

• All the reasons people have shared here is why we need to raise awareness of what autism actually is, why it's not to be feared, why it's not "labelling", but unlocks the ability to understand yourself and provide support where support is needed. Otherwise problems can build up until breaking point. It's sad that most of us have to get to breaking point before we find out about ASD.

Children
No Data