Avoiding stress

Hi I’m a 32 year old newly diagnosed aspie, I just want to post this to see off it’s normal. 

I’ve noticed that I’m less ‘autistic’ when I avoid stress or avoid anything that drains my battery, for example I’ve been out of work for about 10 months now and have been doing absolutely nothing for that period of time other than tv/Xbox/PC and for the first time I’m felling ok, my autistic behaviours (the ones that cause a lot of issues) seem to diminished somewhat. The social issues and overthinking are still there but it’s not unbearably loud if that makes sense. If I do start doing anything though I can almost feel it draining my battery and I start acting up again. 

Does anybody else experience anything like this?

Parents
  • 100%! I was off work for 4 years due to a bad back and last year I went back and I have to say I hate it with a passion. I need to be able to do my own thing and then deal with people when I feel prepared. But going to a PART TIME job 4 days a week just makes me feel so depleted so on my days off I have to recuperate to face it all again the next week. It’s so draining! You’re not alone in this 100

• 100%! I was off work for 4 years due to a bad back and last year I went back and I have to say I hate it with a passion. I need to be able to do my own thing and then deal with people when I feel prepared. But going to a PART TIME job 4 days a week just makes me feel so depleted so on my days off I have to recuperate to face it all again the next week. It’s so draining! You’re not alone in this 100

Children
No Data