Homeless: need urgent help.

Hi everyone

I am on the autistic spectrum, and have had a tough last few years. I have spent the last few years living with my fiancee and her family. However, her family can no longer help support us, and now we are homeless, with nowhere to stay and no one to reach out to. We have approached our local council (in London), to try and get either temporary accomodation or to move out to another council with a housing surplus. However, the council told us my autism assessment documentation from when I was a child is no good, (which i dont understand considering the lifelong implications and affects of ASD) and that I need up to date proof of how my autism affects me. I do not know where to go, who to speak to or how to resolve this issue. I am in desparate need of help and advice, and I dont know where to turn. I literally cant think straight, i havent eaten a proper meal in over 48 hours and this whole situation is streasing me out to the point where i feel on the edge of breaking down. Please help me, and thank you.

Parents
  • I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. I don't know if I can help but wanted to suggest something.

Is there anyone official you can get to call up or write a letter for you to the council housing department?

The word of professionals such as doctors, social workers, psychiatric nurses, are acted on more than when we speak for ourselves. 

Maybe the Citizens Advice Bureau could offer some kind of help. 

• I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. I don't know if I can help but wanted to suggest something.

Is there anyone official you can get to call up or write a letter for you to the council housing department?

The word of professionals such as doctors, social workers, psychiatric nurses, are acted on more than when we speak for ourselves. 

Maybe the Citizens Advice Bureau could offer some kind of help. 

Children
No Data