Are you good at identifying emotions/feelings within yourself?

Example 1: At my last psych appointment the pdoc said I looked happy. I didn't think I was.

Example 2: Was recently seen at main hospital emergency department  because of chest pains. Tests were ok, but BP was higher than normal . Had to go for follow up the next day . Doctor said it had been  raised because I was anxious. Apparently my pulse rate was fast.  I hadn't noticed I was anxious.

I don't think it happens all the time ie I sometimes know when I'm anxious etc .

Parents
  • I know This has no relation to the topic at all but does anyone else have a massive problem with food textures. I hate liquify or runny food like coleslaw, just looking at it makes me feel ill. I would rather look at a dead body than some of the food in the world.

It makes it really difficult for dinners and restaurants if I ever go with anyone. The taste often isn’t the matter it’s the texture, like bananas, I won’t eat bananas because of the texture but I do like the taste so I’ll have banana flavoured stuff like milkshakes or muffins.

Does this occur in anyone else’s lives.

• I don't have an issue with "texture" but I really really struggle with the sound of eating. To the point where I won't eat "loud" foods because I dislike it so much. Chewing / slurping / crunching etc .. it's making me cringe just thinking about it now. I do have a friend however who only 3 meals: frosties for breakfast, cheese sandwich for lunch, sausages and mashed potato (no gravy, no peas or anything like that) for tea. Those are the only things he will eat (he isn't ASD though). I attempt to get him to eat a bit more of a broader range but he says the textures are all wrong. 

• And he eats mash potato, I can’t eat mash potatoes and never will.

i don’t get the crunchy sounds that bad but what does relate to that is, if anyone is making a sound or noise or action I find annoying I will go mad and go on about how it’s distracting. I’ll make them stop but then a few minutes later I’ll do a similar sound on repeat or stun like clapping my knees together and they’ll point it out and call me a hypocrite.

but anyway crunching can sometimes come under that area of annoying movements and sounds.

• I don’t wear noise cancelling headphones because of someone tried to burgle my house I want to be able to hear him and surprise attack him so he gets caught and faces justice.

but I agree if there’s not much sound I can hear for miles whether it’s a saw down the road or a quiet conversation downstairs i will shout downstairs and correct someone and they’ll be surprised with my ability to hear them.

Though the hearing can backfire, when there’s multiple sounds I won’t be able to hear anyone because my ears are being pounded by loud noises. 

When I was a small kid I used to play on the computer and if the computer was on full sound it would hurt my ears so much I would end up having a meltdown.

• I don’t wear noise cancelling headphones because of someone tried to burgle my house I want to be able to hear him and surprise attack him so he gets caught and faces justice.

but I agree if there’s not much sound I can hear for miles whether it’s a saw down the road or a quiet conversation downstairs i will shout downstairs and correct someone and they’ll be surprised with my ability to hear them.

Though the hearing can backfire, when there’s multiple sounds I won’t be able to hear anyone because my ears are being pounded by loud noises. 

When I was a small kid I used to play on the computer and if the computer was on full sound it would hurt my ears so much I would end up having a meltdown.

Children