Do I expect too much

so I have given my number to a couple of friends.  Anyway, they don’t text me, I have to text them. Sometimes they reply, sometimes (more often than not) they don’t.

So would you class them as friends? Colleagues???

Do I expect too much?

I know I have tried on here.  But Instagram, etc isn’t really my thing. 

Advice?

Parents
  • In the way I look at things I would call them acquaintances.  How I see the differences between friends, acquaintances, and colleagues (I haven't looked this up online by the way, it is just off the top of my head:

A 'Friend' is someone who you have things in common with and get advice, share experiences, and spend private time with in a mutually fond relationship.  If you wanted to meet up you would arrange a mutually convenient time, there would not be a 'no' but if a day was not convenient a negotiation of day would take place.

An 'Acquaintance' is someone who you know, would say hello to, but not share intimate information.  You would be unlikely to spend much private time with a person who is a mere acquaintance.

A 'Colleague' is someone you work with, you have been thrust together for a common purpose but you haven't chosen them.  A colleague could become a friend if you become closer to them and begin to share more than just the job - and begin to share private time with them.

Friendships need working on to keep them.  You should be able to contact a friend for some chat without pre arrangement, if it was not convenient your friend would get back to you.  You would be able to suggest common activities without embarrassment.  If you tried to arrange a meeting with an acquaintance you are not a friend with it woud probably cause a great deal of stress to pluck up the courage.

Remember, these are my ideas, and not set in stone.

• In the way I look at things I would call them acquaintances.  How I see the differences between friends, acquaintances, and colleagues (I haven't looked this up online by the way, it is just off the top of my head:

A 'Friend' is someone who you have things in common with and get advice, share experiences, and spend private time with in a mutually fond relationship.  If you wanted to meet up you would arrange a mutually convenient time, there would not be a 'no' but if a day was not convenient a negotiation of day would take place.

An 'Acquaintance' is someone who you know, would say hello to, but not share intimate information.  You would be unlikely to spend much private time with a person who is a mere acquaintance.

A 'Colleague' is someone you work with, you have been thrust together for a common purpose but you haven't chosen them.  A colleague could become a friend if you become closer to them and begin to share more than just the job - and begin to share private time with them.

Friendships need working on to keep them.  You should be able to contact a friend for some chat without pre arrangement, if it was not convenient your friend would get back to you.  You would be able to suggest common activities without embarrassment.  If you tried to arrange a meeting with an acquaintance you are not a friend with it woud probably cause a great deal of stress to pluck up the courage.

Remember, these are my ideas, and not set in stone.

Children
No Data