Going around in circles

I have just accepted a new job. This will be my 7th new job in 5 years. I start out all energetic and raring to go, but in a few months I get bogged down, frustrated, tired, distraught. Then I think the only way to solve it is to start again. How to I break this circle? How do you stay in the same job over a long time? I realise that I'm making my own problems really because the act of starting a new job is so stressful in itself but I really want to make this new job work. I don't think I can cope if it all goes wrong again. 

Parents
  • I work full time and find that it can be quite exhausting. I need to make sure that I have time on my own at work sometimes, plus plenty of rest time in the evenings and weekends. My advice would be to pace yourself a bit and try not to achieve everything on day one - take it one step at a time and try not to get too overwhelmed. Good luck. 

• I've just gone back up to full-time.  Although I enjoy the work, it's exhausting in the sense that I can't get time alone during the day at all - unless I go to the loo.  It just isn't possible with the service users.  So evenings and weekends are my time alone.  I've been so tired this week that last night I went to bed at 8.30.  I read for a while, though.

• I would love to work 4 days a week rather than 5. By Thursday my brain isn't working :p I also really don't like full day meetings, which I have a lot of at the moment. And then my colleagues always want to get lunch together, but I need to take lunch as a break away from them. I need time to think!

• Self care is so necessary you are doing the right thing, work isn't the be all and end all. Commuting is hard going I did it for 2 years an hour there and an hour home, after a night shift, it was a killer....

Reply Children
No Data