Going around in circles

I have just accepted a new job. This will be my 7th new job in 5 years. I start out all energetic and raring to go, but in a few months I get bogged down, frustrated, tired, distraught. Then I think the only way to solve it is to start again. How to I break this circle? How do you stay in the same job over a long time? I realise that I'm making my own problems really because the act of starting a new job is so stressful in itself but I really want to make this new job work. I don't think I can cope if it all goes wrong again. 

Parents
  • 'New job' or 'new employer'? i.e. are you doing something different each time or just the same thing for a different employer/industry/product?

I'm a Business Analyst and went contract (instead of being permanent) in 2013, since then I've worked at 4 different companies (3 private sector & 1 public) in 3 different industries and across 6 different products... but always using the same skillset/mindset.

I get bored and/or 'bogged-down, frustrated & tired' easily so being able to move around is a benefit as it keeps thongs 'fresh'.

So I guess I'm saying maybe you can make this work in your favour?

Alternatively, if you actively want to stay in one job over a long period take a look at what it is that makes you feel "bogged down, frustrated, tired, distraught" and see if there's a way to change that and/or expand your role to take on new, short-term things to help keep your mood/enthusiasm up.

• It's different employers each time. Public sector / private sector, as client, contractor and designer within engineering, but also across all sorts of disciplines. I was contemplating a total change of career so this was my last ditch attempt to stay in engineering. 

Reply Children
No Data