processing diagnosis

Hi,

So I am not actually sure what I am looking for but I guess a bit of reassurance that what am feeling is normal.

I opted for a private diagnosis, I  had my initial assessment on Friday,  on the way to the appointment I was very anxious but during the appointment I was okay, the conclusion I had quite a few autistic traits and if a proceed to a  full diagnosis mostly on the spectrum.

Even though it was what I was hoping for, I finally have an answer to why I am the way I am, and that my struggles are real and normal for an autistic person.

I should be happy but am not (I was recovering from a burn out and doing much better) but I am starting to feeling down again, I guess from the realisation I am not gonna snap out of it maybe, not quite sure, but since that appointment feeling alittle lost, When I did not think it would effect me,

Parents
  • I thought I would be utterly delighted the day I got my diagnosis. I was astonished to find that I didn't feel anything. And I absolutely was not expecting what was to follow. After I got the diagnosis I went on an incredible roller coaster of a journey. I was not expecting it at all. But with lots of support from any support worker I could get my hands on, lol, I am slowly starting to integrate all that I've learned over the last 15 months since I got my diagnosis. 

it's been crazy and I so wasn't expecting it but I'm getting comfortable with it all now and now I'm working on more practical matters with my autism worker, such as re-building routines, but this time, ones that support my dreams and goals and enable me to live comfortably, as me. It took some working out and it's been one hell of a journey, but it has all been worth it. They say that on average it takes 3 years, I think they say, to come to terms with the diagnosis, so I have done pretty well according to that estimation although I'm still not fully up and running yet, post diagnosis and post burnout.

• I thought I would be utterly delighted the day I got my diagnosis. I was astonished to find that I didn't feel anything. And I absolutely was not expecting what was to follow. After I got the diagnosis I went on an incredible roller coaster of a journey. I was not expecting it at all. But with lots of support from any support worker I could get my hands on, lol, I am slowly starting to integrate all that I've learned over the last 15 months since I got my diagnosis. 

it's been crazy and I so wasn't expecting it but I'm getting comfortable with it all now and now I'm working on more practical matters with my autism worker, such as re-building routines, but this time, ones that support my dreams and goals and enable me to live comfortably, as me. It took some working out and it's been one hell of a journey, but it has all been worth it. They say that on average it takes 3 years, I think they say, to come to terms with the diagnosis, so I have done pretty well according to that estimation although I'm still not fully up and running yet, post diagnosis and post burnout.

Children