Struggling

My anxiety has lessened, but now I feel extremely tired. I spent most of the weekend in bed, because I had no energy. I’m just confused about some of my feelings. I’m feeling a isolated on my team at work. They’ve noticed that I’m stimming and struggling with sensory issues, they think that it’s funny.

Today, someone ask the team if they want a drink. I know it’s a small thing but I had to ask that they ask me directly in future. 

Most of the team don’t know about this, which is hard because there have been moments where I’ve come close to a meltdown or shutdown.

sorry for the rant.

• OMG, I can relate to that!  I bite my nails constantly to the bone until they are sore, I always thought it was stress, but yes it could be a form of self-comforting I suppose, I have noticed over the years that I also do a lot of avoiding, which  my GP said  is associated with APD (avoidance Personality disorder) I prefer to watch T.v  as a form of escape & comfort to avoid doing tasks that I find stressful. and when I was a little girl I used to rock back & forth in the chair. at the time I didn't know why, but I now know it was to do do with self-comfort.

• to put it simply self stimulating behaviour, self soothing

• It means repetitive actions or movements that some people find soothing. some people who are autistic rock of spin or twirl others use other methods, maybe Fiddle with something their hair or a fidget toy etc.. I bite my nails which is common not just with autisticsc but with NTs to but I bit and I mean really bite to the quick when I am stressed. It is a form of self soothing. My OH hates it but I can't stop.

• Hi Bookworm, I am new to this site, and I have just read your message,  can't help asking what does stimming mean?

• Anxiety does catch up in the end. I've been feeling a similar way at the moment. I suppose things end up getting better. 

• I get that. and Im sure its called adrenal fatigue, look it up, its caused by so much stress for too long. I get it at work a lot and like you its usually about things that others wouldn't think twice about but the stuff I should get stressed about I just seem to get on with. Mine is always around my colleagues and usually at lunch time when I feel I have no control because its not work related. I stim by biting my nails, too the quick.  I'm under a disciplinary at the moment and Im sure I'll be down to my knuckles by the time its over!