Autism and Issues with workplace dress code

Hi all,

Iv recently been diagnosed with ASD and was wondering if anyone had ever felt uncomfortable with a companies dress code?

My workplace is changing from casual to suits (Formal) even tough we don't see anyone and work purely by phone. I find suits very uncomfortable especial the restrictiveness of wearing a tucked in shirt to trousers and have always opted for black jeans in the event of a one off occasion.

Wearing restrictive clothes general causes me to sweat (To the point I would be asked if I just got out the shower) and feel really hot.

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is anything I could do?

Has anyone else had this issue?

Would it count as a reasonable adjustment to wear dark jeans? If so would my employer have to allow it?

Thank you and please leave any other thoughts as it is of interest.

Thank you,

Parents
  • I've once gone through closet-changing issues just for the office. In the beginning, I thought that it will be a disaster but I learned to make the most out of it. I decided not to spend all of my budget just for new office looks but to use what I have in my closet with some small new additions. I used [removed by Mod] for my online shopping and I tried to buy just the most important clothes. If you need some help with this, let me know and I'll help you. And don't worry, with a little bit of inspiration and a keen eye for details, your looks will be as required but with not a lot of trouble.

• I've once gone through closet-changing issues just for the office. In the beginning, I thought that it will be a disaster but I learned to make the most out of it. I decided not to spend all of my budget just for new office looks but to use what I have in my closet with some small new additions. I used [removed by Mod] for my online shopping and I tried to buy just the most important clothes. If you need some help with this, let me know and I'll help you. And don't worry, with a little bit of inspiration and a keen eye for details, your looks will be as required but with not a lot of trouble.

Children
No Data