older and elderly autistic adults

I'm a researcher but also a parent of two autistic adults.  I'm conducting a research study as part of my post-graduate degree focusing on older and elderly autistic adults, in particular the support they receive once they reach retirement age; where they are living; who's advocating for them; and just how safe are they.  I'm interested in hearing families' views and experiences and if anyone is happy to share this information with me please reply to this post.  Thank you.  

Parents
  • I am an autistic adult of 55 who only got diagnosed with autism in 2014 at the age of 51 and three months and 13 days.  I have no living parents.  It would be harder to find any older and elderly autistic adults with living parents.  I think it would be a better idea to ask the experiences of older and elderly autistic adults but I do not think it would be possible to hear from their parents as they are not living are not in a position to do so.  I will be 56 years of age this and will like to help.  I am not working due to chronic ill health, fibromyalgia with undiagnosed depression.

• I am an autistic adult of 55 who only got diagnosed with autism in 2014 at the age of 51 and three months and 13 days.  I have no living parents.  It would be harder to find any older and elderly autistic adults with living parents.  I think it would be a better idea to ask the experiences of older and elderly autistic adults but I do not think it would be possible to hear from their parents as they are not living are not in a position to do so.  I will be 56 years of age this and will like to help.  I am not working due to chronic ill health, fibromyalgia with undiagnosed depression.

Children
  • My parents passed years ago. I live alone have no outside support (by choice never contacted anyone after last social worker retired).

All communication is email only and shop online get everything delivered. If I didn't have a dog to walk I wouldn't leave the house at all. Also have other issues mobility/immune system/sensory etc