Goodnight, and Good Luck

Exactly what it says...

Parents
  • Oh, Christ.  I've just had the police here to make sure I'm okay.  I'm devastated for causing so much worry.

• I've been following this discussion from the start, without contributing.

So Tom, and I hope you don't take this the wrong way.

I'm really worried about Daisy.  If anything happens to you.  What will she do?

• That's my sole concern, Robert.  I live for her.  If I didn't have her, I know I would have drunk myself to death long ago.  I've already got a letter ready, in case.  I'm adopting her.  If anything happens to me, she goes back to the rescue charity I got her from.  She'll be taken care of, too, because I've bequeathed all of my (small) savings to her welfare, until she has a new home.  And the charity is very picky about who they allow to adopt their cats, so I know it'll be a good home.  But I don't want that to happen.  So, as it stands at the moment, she keeps me this side of disaster.  Bless her.  I don't think she realises just how much she means to me.  When Chris Packham said he wanted to commit suicide when his dog died... I understand that.  She's mine for life.  I measure the rest of my life in tandem with hers.  If she reaches a good age for cats, I'll be in my mid-70s. Long enough, maybe.

• That's my sole concern, Robert.  I live for her.  If I didn't have her, I know I would have drunk myself to death long ago.  I've already got a letter ready, in case.  I'm adopting her.  If anything happens to me, she goes back to the rescue charity I got her from.  She'll be taken care of, too, because I've bequeathed all of my (small) savings to her welfare, until she has a new home.  And the charity is very picky about who they allow to adopt their cats, so I know it'll be a good home.  But I don't want that to happen.  So, as it stands at the moment, she keeps me this side of disaster.  Bless her.  I don't think she realises just how much she means to me.  When Chris Packham said he wanted to commit suicide when his dog died... I understand that.  She's mine for life.  I measure the rest of my life in tandem with hers.  If she reaches a good age for cats, I'll be in my mid-70s. Long enough, maybe.

Children