Conversation issues

I have recently been told by my employer that I sometimes respond sharply to my colleague, this is normally when I'm trying to do other tasks. I dont mean to be rude is this my Aspergers or am I rude I am trying to alter my behaviour but find it difficult.

Parents
  • If someone asks me a question I answer it as quickly and concisely as I can. That just seems like good manners to me. It drives people nuts for some reason. Also if I don't know the answer to a question I'll say "I don't know". Would people really prefer me to talk rubbish for a while rather than saying " I don't know "? I try very hard to fit into the neurotypical world but I draw the line at wasting my own time talking a load of ***  (he said abruptly).

• Ah, I've noticed that sometimes there seems to be another game afoot:

somtimes people might want you to own an issue, including taking all the blame if things go wrong. 

The game seems to run like this:

They ask you about something. 

You talk **** like so many NTs do

They are pleased that you are now on the hook, having declared that whatever it is shall be possible /delivered on time etc. 

Later, they can say it's all your fault if things go badly. 

But by telling the truth rather than telling lies, they can't as easily make you responsible for something that is full of risk. Typically it means that they themselves are stuck with carrying the risk, (maybe because they already, stupidly, declared the thing to be possible to someone else?). Until they can find some other gullible sucker to pin the issue on, it is them in the cross-hairs, not you. 

• The game seems to run like this:

They are pleased that you are now on the hook, having declared that whatever it is shall be possible /delivered on time etc. 

This Social Game, is called "Now I've Got You You Son of a B i t c h" (NIGYYSB) in terms of Transactional Analysis (TA).

The game involves Mr white hiring Mr Black to do a set job at a certain price by fixed date, and in certain knowledge that Mr Black will not be able to complete the contracted task ~ in the allotted for time-frame.

Mr white gets a cut price job done, as any costs after the contracted job completion date ~  become Mr Black's problem.

• The game seems to run like this:

This Social Game, is called "Now I've Got You You Son of a B i t c h" (NIGYYSB) in terms of Transactional Analysis (TA).

The game involves Mr white hiring Mr Black to do a set job at a certain price by fixed date, and in certain knowledge that Mr Black will not be able to complete the contracted task ~ in the allotted for time-frame.

Mr white gets a cut price job done, as any costs after the contracted job completion date ~  become Mr Black's problem.

Children