Processing emotions

Hello all 

I am writing a post on processing emotions today - just reaching out find out some techniques some use, good books to look into. I have non existence understanding of processing emotions. The only time I know I am feeling something is when I have tears, or I have an outburst, but then I still don’t know why.

Wishing you all well and hope to hear back from you!

Parents
  • Its me again, sorry! I want to add things as i think sbout them. I was thinking just before aboyt ne and my partner if we fall out. We have been together 15 years and moved in with each other 8 years ago. We are still learning from each other. We have never had other partners so have no other relationship experience.

I do remember in our younger days if we fell out i would often cry. I think this was seen at the time as me being an emotional female. I now feel on reflection i was crying because i was frustrated. I know i have thought about events after they have happened and thought "i should have said this or that" ...i think its only in the past couple of years i have learned to assert and value my own opinion. Even more so since i have read Sarah Hendrickx.

Im just wondering if this frustration was down tp a) not fully understanding the situation or my own feelings b) being unable to express my feelings.

I know as a child i would often snap at my mum. Or slam doors drawers etc. (Again if i were to mention this to friends i can bet they would say "oh i was the same" but im tslking anout as a child not teenager) i am ashamed to say i do remember hitting her ..tound the legs i think...more than once. i feel this was maybe a way to vent frustration if i was misunderstood.  I would never speak to my dad like that though! I was seen as good as gold by everyone else.

Can anyone relate to any of this?

• Its me again, sorry! I want to add things as i think sbout them. I was thinking just before aboyt ne and my partner if we fall out. We have been together 15 years and moved in with each other 8 years ago. We are still learning from each other. We have never had other partners so have no other relationship experience.

I do remember in our younger days if we fell out i would often cry. I think this was seen at the time as me being an emotional female. I now feel on reflection i was crying because i was frustrated. I know i have thought about events after they have happened and thought "i should have said this or that" ...i think its only in the past couple of years i have learned to assert and value my own opinion. Even more so since i have read Sarah Hendrickx.

Im just wondering if this frustration was down tp a) not fully understanding the situation or my own feelings b) being unable to express my feelings.

I know as a child i would often snap at my mum. Or slam doors drawers etc. (Again if i were to mention this to friends i can bet they would say "oh i was the same" but im tslking anout as a child not teenager) i am ashamed to say i do remember hitting her ..tound the legs i think...more than once. i feel this was maybe a way to vent frustration if i was misunderstood.  I would never speak to my dad like that though! I was seen as good as gold by everyone else.

Can anyone relate to any of this?

Children
No Data