Cbd oil in adults with autism what does it do?

Any adults use the OIL, what’s does it do I get days were I’m very angery and can become unreasonable and some times scare my family. I also get a lot of anxiety and have trouble when I get obsessed with objects and spend days researching things and need help letting go of. 

• I've been using it for quite a while now and I find it brilliant 

• "@MGT1982 Did you have any success with this? My son is 17 with ASD, and I've been reading about how CBD oil can help with his anxiety. This post talked about a new study that says it's effective, but I'm still hesitating. I'd love to hear from someone with direct experience."

It seems to me from what I have read in the posts on this thread; seem to concentrate on treating  anxiety in people on the Autism spectrum; while other elements in this disability are being ignored.

I just wonder why that is?

•  "Maybe someone will bring out a pure product one day".

If you follow my thread you might be interested to know their is research of sorts on this going on in Israel but it's not a proper study; I have posted the article in the thread as well.

• "Depression and Anxiety is commonly co-morbid with Autism..."

You have to ask how can two separate conditions; one being a "hidden disability" and the other a known form of "mental illness" be co-morbid with each other???

This is not a naturally occuring co-morbity; this is induced through the environment the person on the spectrum is in. For example an abusive relationship; poor family dynamics; poor educational environment etc. 

Let's not forget the untimely "diagnosis" the majority of people get while on the spectrum; by which time; they've probably but not always the case; developed some sort of other mental condition due to the abuse they suffer during the time these people have been "un- diagnosed"; or have simply been misdiagnosed with some other Mental Health label which; these people struggle to have corrected; once a "misdiagnosis" has been made apparent.

It is the environment which needs to be addressed first then there will be less need for "relevant mental health support."  Have you heard of the saying "Prevention is better than cure"???

People on the Autism Spectrum have enough on their plate having to deal with the disability itself.  They don't need to be dealing with social battles that come a long with it; due to people's ignorance of their condition.

• I think 1 drop is all your going to need; go easy on it if you are going to use it.

• @MGT1982 Did you have any success with this? My son is 17 with ASD, and I've been reading about how CBD oil can help with his anxiety. This post talked about a new study that says it's effective, but I'm still hesitating. I'd love to hear from someone with direct experience. 

• As I stated the two compounds do work together to treat certain illnesses, in Billy Caldwell case I believe he has an oil what is mainly cbd based with a small amount of THC I'm no expert on the subject but it is one of my interests and I do use the plant myself after a 3 year gap and hating upon the plant myself thinking it was the cause of my difficulties in life I have since learned that I function better and have a better quality of life with it rather than without.

from my own experience of using both compounds I would say cbd counteracts the psychoactive effects of THC i.e the high that is the main reason people smoke cannabis. skunk's or high strength cannabis will typically have a THC content above 20 percent and a cbd content below 2 percent this is because if the 2 compounds were balanced it wouldn't get the user very high

• I have used this plant for over 15 years and I know full well if you are to high from to much THC and you take some Cbd you will be sober and clear headed within the hour.

Well, the interaction is probably complex since they have similar chemistry. Research suggests CBD stops THC being metabolised so you should stay high longer:

but it is also a cannabinoid receptor antagonist, so maybe that why short term it might moderate the effect. I thought skunk was distinguished by amount of THC, not lack of CBD . The effective substance in Billy Caldwell's case was a mixture of THC & CBD, so for that effect it seems the CBD potentiated the.CBD.

• I had a look through their FAQ and it states that their is a possibility of nut oil cross contamination, which is a big no no for me.  Still it was worth a look and if I was ever down that way i would be tempted to have a look at them just for the sheer knowledge end of it as they state they use renewables and thats an area I have some interest in.

• Try CBD brothers oil if you are in the uk. It is high quality organic. They mix the CBD oil with the hemp oil (you can buy different strengths and dilutions) in their own lab - they are local to me and I have seen the lab where they mix it up as they had to make some up for me on the spot as they had run out of the strength I needed urgently. They are a lovely friendly local business and sure they could tell you if their products have oleic acid in

• I get my oil from CBD brothers. I also have fibromyalgia and a long term B12 deficiency which has impacted upon my nervous system. I have found the oil has brought back some feeling in my hands (I can now feel if things are hot or how hard I am gripping) and has settled quite a few of the skin crawling nervous sensations. I do find it helps with anxiety. Do be aware though it can take 2-3 weeks of consistent dosing before you start to see benefits coming in.

• Sorry I should probably elaborate further.  I am allergic to all vegetable oils that contain oleic acid with a concentration over 28%.  I will look into "koi cbd".  Thanks.

• the Holland and barret oil is only cut with sunflower there is a brand called 'koi cbd' the naturals range is supposed to be 100 percent pure its good quality and lab tested and approved to be pure and contain no chemicals or THC

• Never tried pure CBD.  Would like to at some point.  I only know from past experience that the plant it comes from made my later teen years a hell of a lot easier than the ones before them.  If I could get it pure, ie, cut with nothing, I would probably try it.  Unfortunately even the holland and barrett stuff seems to be cut with other things.  Maybe someone will bring out a pure product one day.

• Apologies, going to repost a comment I made to another thread but I hope it’s also relevant:

I think contributors have strong views on this issue and this is a area which has gained much attention in recent times. NICE have limited any pharmacological interventions for Autism unless it is to address Challenging Behaviour. In these circumstances, Atypcial Antipsychotics under supervision are recommended when other interventions fail. Antipsychotics come with a number of undesirable side effects which make sustaining this treatment problematic. 

Depression and Anxeity is commonly co-morbid with Autism and to support these issues, a mixture of anti-depressant and anti-anxiety medications are prescribed. Again, these do have side effects and may not be useful for everyone. Autism specific support is patchy and many adults do not have access to Autism CBT or targeted, relevant mental health support.

I understand that the debate around Cannibis Oil is to do with the compound which is less harmful and more therapeutic. There have been prescribtions for chronic long term pain and recently in the news, for rare forms for epilepsy. It is envitable that this will feature as a possible licenced medicine at some point and it could benefit those on the spectrum in respect to anxiety and other issues. My caution is to ensure that relevant trails and ethics surrounds all medical interventions and we may need more information before this can be used more widely. I also think we need to address the poor support services across the nation for autism to ensure that the right solution is available to each person and pharmaceutical solutions are not the first and only option.

• Cbd counteracts THC rather than increase the psychoactive effect of THC it decreases the effect i.e high THC low CBD cannabis is classed as skunk. CBD has anti anxiety, anti psychotic, anti inflammatory effects. the two compounds do work together creating a synergistic effect to treat certain illnesses

I have used this plant for over 15 years and I know full well if you are to high from to much THC and you take some Cbd you will be sober and clear headed within the hour.

• I'm going to get it from holland and Barrett and yes, I'll let you know how I get on with it 

• Autism is on America’s a proved list of conditions it’s used for?

If you mean FDA-approved uses, then no, it isn't.

(There is no chemical or biological 'treatment' for being autistic, just as there's no chemical or biological treatment for being left-handed or gay.)

• Autism is on America’s a proved list of conditions it’s used for? Strange 

• We’re would you get it from. And post and let me know how your getting on please