Anyone else have tidying issues?

Does anyone else have issues with tidying up and cleaning? I don't actually have a diagnosis but have strong traits of autism and probably some of adhd too. I find things like tidying, cleaning, doing the dishes etc incredibly difficult. It probably comes across as laziness but I quite literally cannot face doing these jobs and usually let them build up far too much so it's an absolute mission when I do do them. Does anyone else have this issue? And can anyone shed any light on why I find this so difficult or if there is anything I can do to make it easier?

Parents
  • Greetings. (As usual, I am uncertain of giving "great" advice to strangers (!), yet here goes...)

That you have posted about it means that it is some sort of concern/bother to you. I suggest allocating a certain time (of day, of two days, or of a week) to "force" yourself to "tidy up" - Dishes specifically in this case, since leaving them makes them harder to "tidy up"!

Think a lot about this time, and try to keep it in mind... even if at that time one cannot do it, try and press oneself and try again... it, like doing homework (!), shall show its own rewards then.

There are many other aspects however... myself as example. Cleaning is very strenuous, and might not be completed "all at once". I enjoy doing dishes, since I get to splash in "water" a lot...! Tidying is harder, since I do not live alone, and I really have no space anymore ( this goes onto Money which is not discussed here). But finally, changing bedsheets is said to give the reward of a very good feeling afterwards, and Sleep is very important. 

In short, tidying and cleaning should, as I say, reciprocate the effort put into it. 

• ...Since that has successfully posted (!) I may add more about myself (and anyone who identifies with it, Hmmm?)

My own "Room" does "look like a mess". But the thing here is that I myself know where everything IS, should anyone ask me for "Electrical Cables" or "Books about Gardening", or other varied matters. There is a point-of-view, in that it is not a mess if it is an ORGANISED MESS. 

P.S. - ...unless cultivating certain Bacteria, then doing dishes or not cleaning *does* count as "a mess" though and is bad... but this is written from an Aspergers Chemist's point-of-view... which most people do NOT share...!

• Thank you DC, yes my mess is organised mess, I know where it is no matter how deep it may be buried.

as CM said you really put a big smile on my face Lol.

wishing you much happiness and joy, mind the chemicals though, HAZCHEM suit?

Reply Children
No Data