Anyone else have tidying issues?

Does anyone else have issues with tidying up and cleaning? I don't actually have a diagnosis but have strong traits of autism and probably some of adhd too. I find things like tidying, cleaning, doing the dishes etc incredibly difficult. It probably comes across as laziness but I quite literally cannot face doing these jobs and usually let them build up far too much so it's an absolute mission when I do do them. Does anyone else have this issue? And can anyone shed any light on why I find this so difficult or if there is anything I can do to make it easier?

Parents
  • Absolutely. It's a massive thing for me.

I don't tend to notice the mess at all consciously, so the starting point is for someone to point it out and tell me I need to fix it.

I find it easiest to physically do the task when I completely zone out my brain (e.g. by putting loud music on) and do it more or less on autopilot.

Mostly my other half does the tidying at home, it's work where it becomes more of an issue.

• Absolutely. It's a massive thing for me.

I don't tend to notice the mess at all consciously, so the starting point is for someone to point it out and tell me I need to fix it.

I find it easiest to physically do the task when I completely zone out my brain (e.g. by putting loud music on) and do it more or less on autopilot.

Mostly my other half does the tidying at home, it's work where it becomes more of an issue.

Children
  • I do tune it out to it once I'm in. But once it gets to a certain level of untidiness I find myself walking in and think ergh place is a disgrace but I just can't find the motivation to do anything about it. I find it gets me down though. I often feel better once it's tidy but seem to have a huge mental block on getting there. Don't think it helps that I live alone and hate having people round so it's rare anyone else sees it.