Anyone else have tidying issues?

Does anyone else have issues with tidying up and cleaning? I don't actually have a diagnosis but have strong traits of autism and probably some of adhd too. I find things like tidying, cleaning, doing the dishes etc incredibly difficult. It probably comes across as laziness but I quite literally cannot face doing these jobs and usually let them build up far too much so it's an absolute mission when I do do them. Does anyone else have this issue? And can anyone shed any light on why I find this so difficult or if there is anything I can do to make it easier?

Parents
  • Me too, When I was young it was a huge problem and there was no one to teach me any coping mechanisms. I just let caos reign and, with a good memory, I knew where things were more or less. It still looked like a rat's nest. I still struggle with this. Oddly enough, after losing everything in a fire and now being in an evacuee in a hotel room, Ive had to find ways of managing it. I copy what the hotel room service does. that's worked out well.

I am aging into the group that can get house cleaning through health insurance so when I get a new place I will have that, I think.

• Me too, When I was young it was a huge problem and there was no one to teach me any coping mechanisms. I just let caos reign and, with a good memory, I knew where things were more or less. It still looked like a rat's nest. I still struggle with this. Oddly enough, after losing everything in a fire and now being in an evacuee in a hotel room, Ive had to find ways of managing it. I copy what the hotel room service does. that's worked out well.

I am aging into the group that can get house cleaning through health insurance so when I get a new place I will have that, I think.

Children
No Data