Undateables!

On more 4 now, has two people with autism.

not sure if it can be watched on catchup or similar?

no idea if it is a representation of real life or just sensationalised? I have watched a few before and it can unite individuals that go in to share their lives together.

x()x

12/04/2018,

time now 22:54.

Parents
  • As a programme, I hope it helps raise awareness of the diversity of people... but I hate the term “undateable”.... 

....trying to think now of an alternative name..

is it quite a patronising programme...are we just meant to think... ooo bless them? 

• You do wonder why Channel 4 didn't go the whole hog and just use the title "You're weird and no one wants to have sex with you"..”

and

Overall, however, it's not the differences but the similarities you're left with: human beings who want companionship and physical affection. Sometimes funny, sometimes aching, it doesn't once say disability and dating don't quite fit.

With The Undateables, Channel 4 has a gem of a programme – but once the branding has done its best to misrepresent. And that despite the first rule of dating: a good first impression always counts.”

From a 2012 newspaper review:

www.theguardian.com/.../undateables-channel-4-disability-rights-wrongs

• You do wonder why Channel 4 didn't go the whole hog and just use the title "You're weird and no one wants to have sex with you"..”

and

Overall, however, it's not the differences but the similarities you're left with: human beings who want companionship and physical affection. Sometimes funny, sometimes aching, it doesn't once say disability and dating don't quite fit.

With The Undateables, Channel 4 has a gem of a programme – but once the branding has done its best to misrepresent. And that despite the first rule of dating: a good first impression always counts.”

From a 2012 newspaper review:

www.theguardian.com/.../undateables-channel-4-disability-rights-wrongs

Children
  • You do wonder why Channel 4 didn't go the whole hog and just use the title "You're weird and no one wants to have sex with you

JoyJoyJoy

Careful. If you encourage them, they might just try combining the format with that other one where the suitors start out naked...

• I give you a +1 for this. You've described it perfectly Slight smile

Once you start watching, you realise the point they're kind of making is that these people aren't undateable...it's just society's face-value judgement of them. When you get to know them, they're awesome people who want to bring sunshine into someone else's life.