Involuntary outbursts when alone - sort of Tourette's

Very recently diagnosed with ASD. Does anyone else get a sort of mild Tourette's? When I am alone I tend to say things that I'm thinking, or come out with an involuntary groan or word. It happens particularly when I think of something embarrassing. Is this an ASD thingy? Thanks!

Parents
  • This thread is quite enlightening for me. I have always made odd noises to myself when I am thinking things through & had previously blamed it on Star Wars, i.e. in my twenties I used to talk to myself in R2D2 language when no-one else was around.

Nowadays I usually blurt out weird phrases in some nonsense language that sounds almost Russian, but with some of the words being spoken backwards. Just to be clear, I can't speak any foreign languages (unless you count things like DOS & C++), so I'm not sure where the Russian thing came from.

When they are in a more positive & constructive mood, my internal voice(s) like to do weird impressions too, with a frequent favourite being Majel Barrett's computer voice from 'Star Trek Next Gen' when I need a reminder to do something. My sub-conscious seem to get bored easily & also sometimes adds sound effects to everyday things inside my head, e.g. Star Trek sound effects when I open doors.

• This thread is quite enlightening for me. I have always made odd noises to myself when I am thinking things through & had previously blamed it on Star Wars, i.e. in my twenties I used to talk to myself in R2D2 language when no-one else was around.

Nowadays I usually blurt out weird phrases in some nonsense language that sounds almost Russian, but with some of the words being spoken backwards. Just to be clear, I can't speak any foreign languages (unless you count things like DOS & C++), so I'm not sure where the Russian thing came from.

When they are in a more positive & constructive mood, my internal voice(s) like to do weird impressions too, with a frequent favourite being Majel Barrett's computer voice from 'Star Trek Next Gen' when I need a reminder to do something. My sub-conscious seem to get bored easily & also sometimes adds sound effects to everyday things inside my head, e.g. Star Trek sound effects when I open doors.

Children