AUTISTIC PEOPLE ON THE (N.A.S.) INTERNET, And "How-To" Use It...#2.

AUTISTIC PEOPLE ON THE (N.A.S.) INTERNET, And "How-To" Use It...#2.

A continuation from the first "Thread", which is now quite long, yet only at times digressing.
If anyone cannot find the previous "Thread", then have a go at entering parts of the title of this here thread, into a "Search"-Box.
...Certainly, All who visit, are welcome to paste anything into either that previous Thread or into this new one.

(As always, glad tidings and a generous Thank You, to one and all from myself.) また... がんばって 下さいな...

Parents
  • This last may be seen as leisurely reading, and for ease of perusal, I divide it into decades. (It also fits in with the main topic anyway.)

1970s: ...Just to remind anyone that I am over forty years old...

1980s: Computers are in general use, in schools, and "Home Computing" is available. I am one of those persons who may nowadays be referred to as a "Bedroom Coder" (!), and that is how I know about Computer Programming.
    I might be an engineer to this day... yet one day I saw myself beginning to be "Priced Out Of The Market", so-to-speak. I knew how to Code, yet suddenly, in order to "Code", a price needed to be paid for a "Developer's Kit". The prices ranged from around £50 to £500, depending upon who you wanted to "Code" for!

1990s: The Internet is being encouraged. I stay away from it, through one simple fact which I recall at the time:
    "After logging onto or Downloading from the Internet."
    "Is your computer suffering from a VIRUS?"
    "Please Log back on and we shall give you this Anti-Virus Software!"
    ...This is an Illogical thing which continues to this day. In order to cure a problem, why must one revisit a place where even more problems shall next be gained?!

2000s: The Internet is becoming compulsory. All of a sudden, again, Software that was once free, requires a Subscription. Macintosh (x68) becomes Apple (x86). Linux is hijacked by Android. "Smartphones" replace the difference between Palm-computing, E-Readers, and Mobile-Phones. People and Children start to say OMG and LOL and "Google", instead of using "The King's English" (...!).

2010s: The Internet is now forced as compulsory, completely forgetting that the use of it requires MONEY. That people eat Bread or drink Orange-Juice, are now seen as things which are more efficiently farmed and done, provided that in the first place there must have been a "Mobile Phone Signal".

Yet most of all: "Nowadays"...
    All children must be born with an Umbilical Cord... and an EMail address.

End of Post (Rant).

• And Twitter and Facebook accounts.

If you're not on the mainstream social websites, with an online footprint you don't exist.

• Mr. Robert123 - Thank you for understanding (anything). I specified no particular Companies - e.g. - "TwitFaceTube" - ...since that is always a changing thing... (Instagram, Snapchat, etc.)
    Yet that things now exist which claim to DELETE a "sent" message/picture/video *after* sending them, has also never made logical sense to myself. A computer always knows what it is doing, and whatever it has done, is indeed a done thing, and so is always stored, *somewhere*...!!
    Even after a thing claims to be "deleted", there IS always a way to retrieve it...

Also, last in your reply:
    "If you're not on the mainstream social websites, with an online footprint you don't exist."
    ...Yessir, totally. Persons without such, as I said, may well be demonstrated to society, solely via way of the clothes one wears, the fruit one eats, or the computers that are used... also as I said. Yet such things do not make for currently enforced "Social Politeness"... e.g. "I don't care who you are - I just want you to give me my Sugar-coated Cornflakes every morning!"

(...This last attitude could well begin a whole new Thread... yet, alas, I dare not start it because I may have to leave here, I know not when!)

• Mr. Robert123 - Thank you for understanding (anything). I specified no particular Companies - e.g. - "TwitFaceTube" - ...since that is always a changing thing... (Instagram, Snapchat, etc.)
    Yet that things now exist which claim to DELETE a "sent" message/picture/video *after* sending them, has also never made logical sense to myself. A computer always knows what it is doing, and whatever it has done, is indeed a done thing, and so is always stored, *somewhere*...!!
    Even after a thing claims to be "deleted", there IS always a way to retrieve it...

Also, last in your reply:
    "If you're not on the mainstream social websites, with an online footprint you don't exist."
    ...Yessir, totally. Persons without such, as I said, may well be demonstrated to society, solely via way of the clothes one wears, the fruit one eats, or the computers that are used... also as I said. Yet such things do not make for currently enforced "Social Politeness"... e.g. "I don't care who you are - I just want you to give me my Sugar-coated Cornflakes every morning!"

(...This last attitude could well begin a whole new Thread... yet, alas, I dare not start it because I may have to leave here, I know not when!)

Children
No Data