How would you respond with this - new member first post.

My daughter, who is 12 years is diagnosed with  ASD. She goes to a main stream secondary school. Just finished year 7.

She has one friend who lives in the same neighborhood. So I approached mum to ask if her daughter and mine want to walk to school together.( as my D was terrified) She asked her daughter who said yes. They hung out after school and came to my house on quite a few occasions. she has a very young sibling with non-verbal autism. my daughter came home crying and upset. saying the friend keeps calling me a weirdo and Ret**d drops me when she sees her other friends. I explained to my daughter because sometimes you repeat words repetitively because they are your tickled words it can be annoying to others but carry on being you!!also explained what the R word meant. 

The next day she came home from school very upset  the friend called her the R word again and said why do you act weird. My d response was because it comes into my head and don't call me a ret**d as my mum told me what it means.

So I went round to friends mum to explain what happened. She said she will speak to her d.My daughter is having a melt down and is angry about her autism in other words she was left angry at herself. So I saw the mum again with her daughter, I thought great we can get this sorted. She responded I have not spoken to her yet. I said my daughter is very upset and distressed. She said I will speak to  daughter and get her to say sorry.

A whole weekend passed with my daughter asking me why has she not said sorry yet .On Monday the friend knocked but didn't speak to my daughter she walked with her like she didn't want too like 3 feet apart and put her headphones in and when the bus came she let my d get on bus first and said I am walking my d was left with ??? still no apology. The next day she knocked for my d so I gave my d headphones. She then said when they finished school that day! why are you wearing headphones! saying your a re... turn ha-ha I didn't say the word but kept saying re!! re!! my d replied stop it I don't like it she replied I didn't say it just re. so my d replied im not stupid! so called school and asked the aus teachers to explain to the friend. they did.as my daughter only had a few days left till schools out she didn't walk with her again.

went on our first holiday abroad together.my daughter got loads of messages from this girl saying she set her up why did she tell the teacher and why is she ignoring her via calls ,texts I told my d to ignore her then another got involved saying my daughter is the horrible one.so I text the mum and screen shot it.mum turned around and said why did your dtell teacher when my d.I said she didn't and she as a mum left my daughter distress because she did not deal with it y she reacted by saying she did. Anyway I said I will speak her on my return.i contacted she fobbed me offg saying she was busy.after a week and a half.she   comes to my work saying how dare I get a teacher to speak her child and her d is not discussing again.she will say sorry when she gets back in2 weeks.

ii