Chat Bot

Am I right to be concerned about the possibility of Chat Bots on this site?

There are a few concerning posts and, as I don't know much about these things, I'm not sure if I'm worrying over nothing here? Can they cause harm to individuals in any way on this type of chat site? 

If I'm being ridiculous, someone please tell me so! (I will be more relieved than offended.)

Parents
  • Autistic people can be very vulnerable, both in what they post and by being 'taken in' by seemingly innocent posts.

Communication can always be a problem, and I don't want to get too specific here, just thinking and writing down about generalities.Mix that communication problem with a person who writes that they used to be autistic and now they are neueotypical and I cannot help but wonder if this is just a communication problem or there is something a bit deeper, someone trying to gain our confidence or is it simply a problem with language and misunderstandings.

I can be very v vulnerable myself, and so I have to think hard and perhaps overthink  when confronted by a post that looks a bit strange. Often there might be nothing in it, but it may sometimes be better to delay a little to see if there is a better indication of a person being bona fide a little later on.

• Autistic people can be very vulnerable, both in what they post and by being 'taken in' by seemingly innocent posts.

Communication can always be a problem, and I don't want to get too specific here, just thinking and writing down about generalities.Mix that communication problem with a person who writes that they used to be autistic and now they are neueotypical and I cannot help but wonder if this is just a communication problem or there is something a bit deeper, someone trying to gain our confidence or is it simply a problem with language and misunderstandings.

I can be very v vulnerable myself, and so I have to think hard and perhaps overthink  when confronted by a post that looks a bit strange. Often there might be nothing in it, but it may sometimes be better to delay a little to see if there is a better indication of a person being bona fide a little later on.

Children
No Data