If you have a diagnosis for more than one health condition/disability/learning disabilities.. How do they interact and how do you manage?

In the end I'm just me. But I have what seems a long list of issues and I keep wondering which bits are for what diagnosis and how to deal with them. Or do I just  accept everything as a whole.. If you have multiple health issues or multiple diversity how do you manage? 

Parents
  • I have diagnoses for Asperger's, social anxiety and depression.

There is no doubt that my Asperger's impacts both my social anxiety and depression. Would I have either if I did not have Asperger's? I do not know and do not consider it relevant; all I need to know is how to manage/deal with my social anxiety and depression. So, for example, my noise sensitivity can contribute to my depression and so I may wear my noise-cancelling headphones to reduce the noise I am subjected to or I may go a walk.

I think it is about looking after yourself rather than looking after particular conditions. I hope that makes sense.

• I have diagnoses for Asperger's, social anxiety and depression.

There is no doubt that my Asperger's impacts both my social anxiety and depression. Would I have either if I did not have Asperger's? I do not know and do not consider it relevant; all I need to know is how to manage/deal with my social anxiety and depression. So, for example, my noise sensitivity can contribute to my depression and so I may wear my noise-cancelling headphones to reduce the noise I am subjected to or I may go a walk.

I think it is about looking after yourself rather than looking after particular conditions. I hope that makes sense.

Children
  • Thanks caretwo. I sometimes think that but then I read about suggested treatments for specific things and wondered how to separate them out. I have seen some people use the noise cancelling head phones and that some people carry emergency sensory kit wherever they go.. not got one organised yet. I too have the anxiety and depression along with a few other things and it does make managing harder. getting out into the fields is my most important medicine.