"Please Donate" emails

Please stop sending me emails requesting donations.  I signed up for this site to join the community and gain some support, not to constantly receive emails requesting money.  As I'm sure many members are, I'm out of work and on benefits at the moment.  As a single parent to twins that makes things exponentially more difficult to manage.

Please arrange your mailing list in a more professional manner so that you can differentiate between people who join for support and those who are able to help/donate.  Or at least give people the option to opt out of the spam emails.  Combining informative emails (good) and badgering the very people you are supposed to be supporting (bad) is hugely unprofessional. and quite upsetting when you are hoping it is a response to a query you made.  

Parents
  • I receive many emails from NAS some informative a few lately telling the story of someone’s struggles and asking for donations. Also the to much information campaign which offers a free badge for helping to spread the word...so to obtain the badge! Of coarse address name phone number etc,,,obvious if you want one but cunning in that you have to give all that info just so they can target you with even more requests,,,It is the way the world revolves now, gathering endless snippets of personal information, your likes,dislikes,preferred food,music,cinema, it goes on and on,,,,face book soon realised I was in some way connected to autism and nearly every meme I get is autism or health related,,,,All good in my eyes as it interests me, but when you stop and think just how much they know it is quite spooky, I am sure you can stop such emails by requesting,,,I no longer receive email updates of the latest threads I choose to be part of,,,,a long story,,,so I can receive emails from NAS asking for money but apparently not from this forum as my settings must apparently be set wrong?

• I receive many emails from NAS some informative a few lately telling the story of someone’s struggles and asking for donations. Also the to much information campaign which offers a free badge for helping to spread the word...so to obtain the badge! Of coarse address name phone number etc,,,obvious if you want one but cunning in that you have to give all that info just so they can target you with even more requests,,,It is the way the world revolves now, gathering endless snippets of personal information, your likes,dislikes,preferred food,music,cinema, it goes on and on,,,,face book soon realised I was in some way connected to autism and nearly every meme I get is autism or health related,,,,All good in my eyes as it interests me, but when you stop and think just how much they know it is quite spooky, I am sure you can stop such emails by requesting,,,I no longer receive email updates of the latest threads I choose to be part of,,,,a long story,,,so I can receive emails from NAS asking for money but apparently not from this forum as my settings must apparently be set wrong?

Children
No Data