Should I apply for an EHCP

Hi 

im wondering if anyone can help me or point me in the right direction please,

our daughter has been diagnosed with autism, OCD and chronic tic disorder 

at school she is apparently hitting the national average and therefore school

state there is no evidence to support an application at present for an EHCP.

she suffers severely at school and great that she is making the grade however it's the other areas she is struggling in i.e social communication etc so because she is making the grades does this mean we would t stand a chance if we applied for an EHCP.

kind regards

Parents
  • i have been very lucky with so many replys and i can say that i did begin the process and requested for an EHC assesement in DEC 2016 they turned it down and we have appealed against it. sadly the LA are still refusing and it is due before the judge (paper) to make the biggest decision that will impact on our daughters furture.

we have even contact the LA via a third person to advise she is now a school refusal and the LA have stated its to go to the judge to decide. i just know one thing thats for sure is that any time delay is effecting our childrens lives. The LA are meant to be helping children and in fact doing the opposite.

can anyone kindly assist in advice to show/ explain that your child needs a 1:1 because at home this is what she needs. i keep trying but my brain has melted through all the paperwork.

kind regards

• Hi

Hope your well. 

I just wanted to know how you got on after all this time?

Reply Children
No Data