Washing and bathing

My little girl is 3 and has been diagnosed with autism a few months ago. Recently we have been having major problems getting her washed and bathing her. When she was younger we couldnt keep her out of the bath! she sometimes had 3 a day if she wanted. But now it turns into a nightmare. She gets anxious upset screams and hits out. She needs washed. She's a active girl! Does anyone have any experience of this and any tips or techniques to overcome this?

Parents
  • Have you tried having a bath time routine? I'm sure it's quite routine anyway but one with pictures can be really helpful for a child with autism. Some favourite toys might help or something that she looks forward to after she's had the bath. Its not an easy one. Good luck.

• Have you tried having a bath time routine? I'm sure it's quite routine anyway but one with pictures can be really helpful for a child with autism. Some favourite toys might help or something that she looks forward to after she's had the bath. Its not an easy one. Good luck.

Children
No Data