Autistic traits being labelled as abuse

Has anyone else had to deal with this? I’m at a point where I don’t know where to turn! 

My son has autism and I’m being basically hounded by social services over him. They had one of their doctors write a report about him and it is just filled with utter nonsense. 

He walks on his tiptoes, and they’ve said this is abusive because I was unable to make him stop. Seriously. 

i homeschool him, because mainstream school was not working at all for him, it was a traumatic nightmare and they would not put any supports in place for him. They have demanded he be placed in a school, this doctor said the same. 

His handwriting is awful! I’ve seen studies that say this is very common in autism, yet this doctor has written up that even though she knows he has autism, his writing is because I haven’t made him write rather than because he has autism… 

He is an incredibly fussy eater. Brand loyalty, restricted diet etc. He always has. But in 2016 I developed swallowing difficulties and my diet has become restricted. There is zero overlap in our diets, we do not even eat the same foods and my son has no issues with swallowing. Yet they are blaming his lifelong  (he’s 14) limited diet on me! 

I mean it is beyond a joke at this point. I have never seen anything like this in my life. Every sentence starts with, “I know he has autism, and I know a lot of autistic kids have these issues, BUT-“ Nothing I say goes in at all and I’m totally ignored.  

I really want to hold these people accountable. Does anyone know of a way I can do this without making things worse? 

Parents Reply Children
No Data