DESPERATE ASPIE WIFE!

I appreciate I am posting under the 'Parents and carers' category. I am neither, however, I am married to an aspie and I just need some help. 

I would be very grateful if someone could point me in the direction of all the other frazzled husbands/wives?

I've been married a year and a half, we moved in together when we got married (not due to tradition, but due to commitments that prevented our co-habiting sooner).

A couple of WEEKS after moving in I asked myself: 'who is this selfish, uncaring, unsympathetic, I'm-always-right, rude, arrogant man, and where the HELL is my husband??'

A confusing, emotional and unbearable year passed (no, there was no 'honeymoon period' for us), and we finally have the answer (I'll give you a hint, it starts with 'A' and rhymes with blasperger's)

Since then I've read books and really brushed up on my knowledge of the big 'A'. I'm still mourning the life I expected to live when I got married. It's very, very sad. I now have a completely different view of the man I married and it breaks my heart. He's someone else entirely now. But things are getting better. The last 6 months have been amazing. It's so hard trying to forget everything I know about communication and starting again, and even harder to view things from his perspective, but I'm getting there. 

Tonight, however, is a turning point. I need help. It's the first night I'm not sleeping in the same bed as him. Because of his sensory issues, I've not been able to read a book or peruse my laptop before bed in all the time we've been married. He point blank refuses to wear an eye-mask and ear-buds because they irritate him too much. I haven't slept well recently so now I have to sleep in a different room until I sort it out. 

Ugh, please I just need help to cope with this. I'm 25 and sleeping in a single bed. This isn't RIGHT!!!

Parents
  • Ahhh, supercheese - I just saw your reply to autism2.

This is a board for people who have ASC, as well as those who are living with those who have it.

I too found this reply patronising, but am guessing that its not meant to be. Same thing has happened to me, but as with any other forum, its best to ignore the posts you don't like and focus on those who you feel are offering you the support you need.

XX

• Ahhh, supercheese - I just saw your reply to autism2.

This is a board for people who have ASC, as well as those who are living with those who have it.

I too found this reply patronising, but am guessing that its not meant to be. Same thing has happened to me, but as with any other forum, its best to ignore the posts you don't like and focus on those who you feel are offering you the support you need.

XX

Children
No Data