This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dissertation Research: Issues with communication in relation to children with autism

My name is Eleesha Patel and I am a third-year student at Nottingham Trent University studying BA(Hons) Childhood Studies, and I am undertaking research for my dissertation on issues with communication in relation to children with autism. Part of the research incorporates a questionnaire with parents that addresses my research question ‘What specific teaching approaches are used to help improve the communication skills of autistic children in a special educational needs setting, and how effective are they?’. The questionnaire should not take long to complete and only has nine questions.

I would therefore greatly appreciate anyone willing to support and participate in my research. By agreeing to take part in the research, all personal information about yourself will be kept private and confidential and anonymity will be assured throughout. You also have the right to withdraw yourself and any information you have provided at any time during this research project up to the processing of the data (13th April 2020).

If you are prepared to support my research, please email me at [email address removed by Moderator] and I will send you the questionnaire.

• Dear Eleesha20,

I'm afraid your post contravenes Rule 9 of the Community Rules:

"Requests for research study subjects and surveys need to be directed to research@nas.org.uk for data protection and research ethics reasons. Further information can be found on our research pages. Please be advised that any requests for research subjects or surveys posted on the Community will be deleted without warning."

I have removed your email address and locked this post.  

Regards,

Kerri-Mod

• I will speak to my brother as his son, thus my nephew is 3. Diagnosed with autism and doesn’t yet speak despite all efforts! Though he has learned some form of sign language (a very basic form the name of which I forget) from which he can communicate things like ‘more’, ‘milk’, ‘I need help’ etc. I will see if my brothers willing but as a key worker he’s crazy busy, but I will try :)