Advice Needed on feeding my 19yo son

I have just moved back in to the family home after 5 years away and have found my son living on rice and cheese.  He has always been difficult to feed having the usual aversion to vegetables, onions and anything that isn't neutral in taste, texture and colour.  However his diet is now particularly unhealthy and he eats huge quantities of the same thing every day.  I really need some advice on recipes which will vary his diet whilst keeping to his bland colour and taste palette.  I am finding it very difficult to wrap my head around this kind of food so any advice would be helpful.  Thanks for reading

Parents
  • Hello,

One of my aunties had a similar problem getting an autistic cousin to eat a balanced diet. She resorted to placing vegetables etc in a blender and changing the texture in this way.

My cousin loves hummus, which is easy and cheap to make. Tahini is also quite easy to make and is healthy.

Both hummus and tahini are much cheaper made from the basic ingredients, you can also adjust the texture and sneak in a few other foods.

• Hello,

One of my aunties had a similar problem getting an autistic cousin to eat a balanced diet. She resorted to placing vegetables etc in a blender and changing the texture in this way.

My cousin loves hummus, which is easy and cheap to make. Tahini is also quite easy to make and is healthy.

Both hummus and tahini are much cheaper made from the basic ingredients, you can also adjust the texture and sneak in a few other foods.

Children
No Data