**ADVICE NEEDED **

My 13 year old daughter has been refusing to wear underwear for a few years,  she can’t/won’t tolerate the feeling.  We have tried all sorts of underwear, seam free etc to no avail.  She has recently started her periods and we are having a nightmare.  Does anyone have any advice?   Thanks in advance. Xx 

Parents
  • I can totally relate to this. I've never fully refused to wear it but underwear is an absolute sensory nightmare for me. It's horrible. I really really struggled when I started my periods. They made the sensory issues a million times worse and they don't help me mood wise either. So I get how hard it must be for you and your daughter. If she really can't deal with the sensation at all then it is going to be a really difficult issue. If you've tried lots of types/fits/materials then I'm really not sure what you could do. She would still be able to wear tampons etc as long as she was very good at changing them regularly but I have a massive sensory issue with those so I don't know if that is a possibility either.

I know this may be a bit controversial especially at 13 and I've no idea how you'd feel about it. But could you speak to her doctor and see if they could prevent her periods for a while? As she gets older perhaps she'll be better able to deal with the sensory issues. Just a suggestion.

Hope you find a solution.

• I can totally relate to this. I've never fully refused to wear it but underwear is an absolute sensory nightmare for me. It's horrible. I really really struggled when I started my periods. They made the sensory issues a million times worse and they don't help me mood wise either. So I get how hard it must be for you and your daughter. If she really can't deal with the sensation at all then it is going to be a really difficult issue. If you've tried lots of types/fits/materials then I'm really not sure what you could do. She would still be able to wear tampons etc as long as she was very good at changing them regularly but I have a massive sensory issue with those so I don't know if that is a possibility either.

I know this may be a bit controversial especially at 13 and I've no idea how you'd feel about it. But could you speak to her doctor and see if they could prevent her periods for a while? As she gets older perhaps she'll be better able to deal with the sensory issues. Just a suggestion.

Hope you find a solution.

Children
No Data