Partners of people with aspergers

Parents
  • To neekby In what ways do you support your NT Wife ?

• Well...

- going with her to all the appointments relating to her jugular glomus tumour six years ago, looking out for her through that operation, the subsequent recovery and follow-up operations including making meals that could be pureed without becoming unappealing, sticky goo...

- helping her update her CV and prepare for job interviews on multiple occasions

- 'fixing' spreadsheets, presentations and other things for her work

- being the 'strong' one through the investigation, diagnosis and follow-up of her ectopic heartbeat

- as above for her recent biopsy of a facial mole that was removed

On a more trivial side...

- I do most of the cooking

- I take care of the accounts

- I try to help provide solutions to day-to-day issues she faces at work

etc. etc. etc.

None of which are 'right', 'cos what she usually wants is someone to listen to her and tell her that 'yes, that was a terrible ting for 'X' to say...' or 'No, I can't believe work are treating you like that!'

And simple things like hug her when she is clearly upset (when I can spot it)...

I guess it rather depends on what one means by 'support'?

• You sound lovely will you marry me ?

Possible more serious reply tomorrow !

• Is this how or is this still public ?

• Hi, I've sent you a friend request as I think that's the way to be able to communicate directly

• To neekby. OK OK OK You have told me your BADS.Not that unusual are they .There appear to be many similarities between you and her and me and him.Would like to talk to you without hi jacking 0034's thread  I don't know how to do that. If interested tell me how.

P.S. it could be along engagement if you want but I am already 70 years old and that may be a problem.

• LOL! I don't think anyone would describe me as 'lovely'! I'm also:

- intolerant

- impatient

- un-empathetic

- un-sympathetic

- easily distracted

- rude (particularly to her family)

- constantly chastise/correct her (correct way to pack the dishwasher is a particularly sensitive area)

etc. etc.

So, yeah it's very much 'taking the rough with the smooth'...

• LOL! I don't think anyone would describe me as 'lovely'! I'm also:

- intolerant

- impatient

- un-empathetic

- un-sympathetic

- easily distracted

- rude (particularly to her family)

- constantly chastise/correct her (correct way to pack the dishwasher is a particularly sensitive area)

etc. etc.

So, yeah it's very much 'taking the rough with the smooth'...

Children