Stimming

Hi

My son is always tapping and drumming and chanting football songs. Is this a form of stimming? He has recently been diagnosed with asd.

Thanks

Parents
  • I had no idea about stimming until i was reading up on ASD and I thought, well I don't do that. But then my partner pointed out my hands are never still. I am always twisting my hair or twitching my fingers or tapping a pen. And my feet are never still. I had no idea I was doing any of this. I suppose this would be stimming. I also can't stop it. If I try not to do it it feels as if I'm holding my breath. So I guess it depends if your son is conciously aware of it and if he does it when not singing football songs. 

• I had no idea about stimming until i was reading up on ASD and I thought, well I don't do that. But then my partner pointed out my hands are never still. I am always twisting my hair or twitching my fingers or tapping a pen. And my feet are never still. I had no idea I was doing any of this. I suppose this would be stimming. I also can't stop it. If I try not to do it it feels as if I'm holding my breath. So I guess it depends if your son is conciously aware of it and if he does it when not singing football songs. 

Children
No Data