Autism pathogenesis: Piecing it all together, from end to beginning ...

Arumugham V, Trushin M V. Autism pathogenesis: Piecing it all together,
from end to beginning ... . J Pharm Sci Res. 2018;10(11):2787

https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.1477515

Indexed on Scopus:

https://www.scopus.com/record/display.uri?origin=resultslist&eid=2-s2.0-85057980336

How to prevent or reduce risk of food allergies, autism, asthma and type 

1 diabetes: From a parent who has been burned

https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.2061370

Parents
  • Ok I'm not for a second going to pretend I have read through all this because honestly I can't be bothered. I'm just going to pick out a few things you've said. You are saying that vaccinations cause autism but your vaccinated son is not autistic and neither are the majority of vaccinated individuals. As others have said, scientists have done away with the vaccination theory, there was NO solid proof.

You say 75% of autism is a special case of milk allergy. Is this statistic from 1 study? 1 study provides no proof at all. I am autistic and I do not have a milk allergy. I work in a special school for children with autism. Hardly any of them have a milk allergy either. So I'm sorry but that is a ludicrous claim to make.

You say your son had allergies from a year old. But he was vaccinated at 5. So please help me understand how the vaccinations could have caused his allergies. 

You are going to say where is your scientific proof. But I honestly do not have the time to go through scientific papers, studies and journals to prove you wrong. Some people are born with health issues. Some are not. Some people are born with autism. Some are not. Some health issues develop later in life. Some signs of autism are obvious earlier than others. Some signs of autism are more obvious than others. Hence the differences in age of diagnosis. 

Spreading this kind of nonsense is ridiculous and dangerous to others health (ie people dont get vaccinated) and to be honest as an autistic person I find it quite offensive. Rant over!

• "Ok I'm not for a second going to pretend I have read through all this because honestly I can't be bothered."

Unfortunately there is no substitute for UNDERSTANDING the problem. This "shortcut" approach is what got us into this problem in the first place.

In https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3253344/

Drs. Pulendran and Ahmed of the Emory Vaccine Center write⁠:

“Despite their success, one of the great iro-nies of vaccinology is that the vast majority of vaccines have been developed empirically, with little or no understanding of the immunological mechanisms by which they induce protective immunity. However, the failure to develop vaccines against global pandemics such as infection with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) despite decades of effort has underscored the need to understand the immunological mechanisms by which vaccines confer protective immunity.”

So vaccinologists don't understand how vaccines work, fail or hurt the body. But they know it is safe. You believe that, correct?

"You are saying that vaccinations cause autism"

It would be too easy if vaccines caused autism in EVERYONE. That is certainly not what I am saying.

"As others have said, scientists have done away with the vaccination theory, there was NO solid proof."

No. They certainly have not. They have only studied a couple of mechanisms. MMR vaccines and mercury/thimerosal containing vaccines. There are numerous other mechanisms by which vaccines can cause autism.

And ALL the studies so far are epidemiological studies, which by definition CANNOT prove anything. They only show lack of association.

"You say 75% of autism is a special case of milk allergy. Is this statistic from 1 study?"

It is based on multiple studies.

www.bmj.com/content/361/bmj.k1674/rr-2

"1 study provides no proof at all."

Nope. That's the difference between epidemiological and mechanistic studies.

If you demonstrate the mechanism as the mechanistic studies did, you don't need multiple studies as in epidemiology.

"I am autistic and I do not have a milk allergy"

Details. Details. I said "special case of milk allergy". Milk has numerous proteins. If you are allergic to the milk protein casein, an abundant protein, you cannot drink milk without suffering a serious reaction. However, as I explain, you can be allergic to the FRA protein in milk but continue to drink milk without a reaction, because the reaction is mild and not always noticeable. 

A milk-free diet downregulates folate receptor autoimmunity in cerebral folate deficiency syndrome

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2715943/

A a full blown regular milk allergy, PROTECTS against cerebral folate deficiency because you are forced to go milk-free. In the case of autism, you can drink milk without a reaction but it makes the autism problem worse so you should avoid milk.

"You say your son had allergies from a year old. But he was vaccinated at 5"

My son was vaccinated per the US CDC schedule. He suffered a reaction after receiving vaccines at 5. Those were not his first vaccines.

"But I honestly do not have the time to go through scientific papers"

"Spreading this kind of nonsense is ridiculous and dangerous to others health"

So, you don't have the time to study the science but you KNOW my article is "nonsense"? 

BTW, IMMUNI-L is a mailing list of the US National Institutes of Health (NIH) Immunology Interest Group.

“This list includes all those scientists at the NIH/FDA who are actively interested or involved in research in the field of Immunology.” That is more than 2000 of some of the top immunology experts in the world.

I posted our article there.

https://list.nih.gov/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind1812&L=immuni-l&F=&S=&P=19203

No one has been able to challenge it.

• "Ok I'm not for a second going to pretend I have read through all this because honestly I can't be bothered."

Unfortunately there is no substitute for UNDERSTANDING the problem. This "shortcut" approach is what got us into this problem in the first place.

In https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3253344/

Drs. Pulendran and Ahmed of the Emory Vaccine Center write⁠:

“Despite their success, one of the great iro-nies of vaccinology is that the vast majority of vaccines have been developed empirically, with little or no understanding of the immunological mechanisms by which they induce protective immunity. However, the failure to develop vaccines against global pandemics such as infection with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) despite decades of effort has underscored the need to understand the immunological mechanisms by which vaccines confer protective immunity.”

So vaccinologists don't understand how vaccines work, fail or hurt the body. But they know it is safe. You believe that, correct?

"You are saying that vaccinations cause autism"

It would be too easy if vaccines caused autism in EVERYONE. That is certainly not what I am saying.

"As others have said, scientists have done away with the vaccination theory, there was NO solid proof."

No. They certainly have not. They have only studied a couple of mechanisms. MMR vaccines and mercury/thimerosal containing vaccines. There are numerous other mechanisms by which vaccines can cause autism.

And ALL the studies so far are epidemiological studies, which by definition CANNOT prove anything. They only show lack of association.

"You say 75% of autism is a special case of milk allergy. Is this statistic from 1 study?"

It is based on multiple studies.

www.bmj.com/content/361/bmj.k1674/rr-2

"1 study provides no proof at all."

Nope. That's the difference between epidemiological and mechanistic studies.

If you demonstrate the mechanism as the mechanistic studies did, you don't need multiple studies as in epidemiology.

"I am autistic and I do not have a milk allergy"

Details. Details. I said "special case of milk allergy". Milk has numerous proteins. If you are allergic to the milk protein casein, an abundant protein, you cannot drink milk without suffering a serious reaction. However, as I explain, you can be allergic to the FRA protein in milk but continue to drink milk without a reaction, because the reaction is mild and not always noticeable. 

A milk-free diet downregulates folate receptor autoimmunity in cerebral folate deficiency syndrome

A a full blown regular milk allergy, PROTECTS against cerebral folate deficiency because you are forced to go milk-free. In the case of autism, you can drink milk without a reaction but it makes the autism problem worse so you should avoid milk.

"You say your son had allergies from a year old. But he was vaccinated at 5"

My son was vaccinated per the US CDC schedule. He suffered a reaction after receiving vaccines at 5. Those were not his first vaccines.

"But I honestly do not have the time to go through scientific papers"

"Spreading this kind of nonsense is ridiculous and dangerous to others health"

So, you don't have the time to study the science but you KNOW my article is "nonsense"? 

BTW, IMMUNI-L is a mailing list of the US National Institutes of Health (NIH) Immunology Interest Group.

“This list includes all those scientists at the NIH/FDA who are actively interested or involved in research in the field of Immunology.” That is more than 2000 of some of the top immunology experts in the world.

I posted our article there.

https://list.nih.gov/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind1812&L=immuni-l&F=&S=&P=19203

No one has been able to challenge it.

Children
  • I only replied to this because I needed a rant. I'm not going to get into a scientific debate with you because it is extremely obvious from your replies to others that you wouldn't listen anyway.

• "wouldn't listen anyway."

For ANYONE to "listen", you have to provide relevant scientific evidence. I have provided mine. Please provide your evidence.

• As I have said I have no intention to trawl through papers to prove you wrong. You have quite an aggressive approach to this, it doesn't encourage people to listen to you.

I'm intrigued though, with your 75% of autism is a milk allergy. Are you suggesting that if these people stopped drinking milk they would stop being autistic?

• "During the 3 to 13 months on a milk-free diet, signs of ataxia improved or disappeared completely in all except the oldest patient, who had been diagnosed at age 19 years (patient 12). One patient with severe ataxia (patient 4), who had remained non-ambulatory during treatment with folinic acid, started to walk. The diet also led to complete seizure control in patients 9 and 12. One autistic patient (patient 10), who had partly improved with folinic acid, showed a marked further improvement in communication skills with fewer stereotypies."

It is not a cure as some damage is irreversible. But many patients will have significant benefit as documented above. The benefits of a gluten-free, casein-free diet (GFCF which means milk-free) that many parents/doctors have discovered has an immunological basis as described in the paper above.

There can be patients whose mothers had FRAA and thus suffered brain damage during pregnancy. In that case there will be no benefit. If the patients test positive for FRAA, significant benefit is likely with a milk-free diet.

How to prevent or reduce risk of food allergies, autism, asthma and type 1 diabetes: From a parent who has been burned

doi.org/.../zenodo.2061370

• So what about the scientific proof that there is a difference in the brains of an autistic and non autistic person. Can a milk allergy actually change the layout of your brain?

What about the genetic links they have found for autism?

• Folate deficiency (induced by allergy to bovine FRA) can fundamentally alter brain development. Folate is an extremely important nutrient. Folate deficiency can result in neural tube defects, affect cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) production drainage and therefore fundamentally alter brain development. So, yes, it definitely can alter the layout of your brain.

Every disease has a genetic SUSCEPTIBILITY contribution. Autism is no different. Some people are genetically more predisposed to allergy. The key is, predisposition does not cause disease by itself. It needs environmental ABUSE - injection of cow' milk proteins in this case, to create the problem.

And genetic susceptibility to allergy is a good thing. The part of the immune system involved in allergy is the same one that defends against parasites and worms. This capability was very important even in Western countries until very recently. A genetic susceptibility to allergy became a liability only due to environmental ABUSE - injection of numerous food proteins and aeroallergen which program the immune system to recognize food proteins and aeroallergen proteins as worm proteins. Result: an epidemic of food allergies, autism and asthma.

• Autism is not a disease!

• Sorry, you are wrong.

Disease is defined as:

"a disorder of structure or function in a human, animal, or plant, especially one that produces specific signs or symptoms or that affects a specific location and is not simply a direct result of physical injury."

Autism Spectrum Disorder is described as:

www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/autism-spectrum-disorders-asd/index.shtml

"Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a developmental disorder that affects communication and behavior."

ASD is most definitely a disease.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/sep/03/weve-spent-1bn-on-autism-research-but-the-tangible-benefits-are-elusive

Why spend a billion dollars on a non-disease?

• It's not only a disease but it is man-made and we now know the exact immunological mechanism involved in the empirical finding reported by this parent.

www.parents.com/.../

• The NAS' own website states that autism is not a disease so if you want support with your cause I suggest you go somewhere else. I will not be continuing this any further. Goodbye!