Social services

My son is 8 years old and was diagnosed with ASD a few years ago. My ex works alongside social workers and thinks he’s God when it comes to social services. He tacks ‘well i do know more than you, i work there’ on to the end of every sentence. It’s just embarrassing Rolling eyes

We are currently going through the process of applying/moving my son to a SEN provision and he’s been telling him that if he gets kicked out of mainstream school(they’re struggling to keep him in all day) he’ll get taken in to care as it’s already on the cards and social services are watching us. I bit back this evening when he said it in front of me, he’s just saying it to scare him and it’s not true. Anyone can homeschool if they chose(he’s just too lazy to ever do it) and children DONT get taken away for being ‘out of education’! He did the usual ‘you know nothing, you are clueless, I work there so I know’ again and I’m just furious about it. We have a meeting with the Ed Psych on Friday and I’m going to ask them about it in front of him to shut him up. 

Does anyone actually know of any child taken into care because their school weren’t able to educate them so homeschooling was the only option? I’m thinking it’s utter rubbish as I know loads of Sen families in this position.

Parents Reply Children