Provison for Adult Child with ASD

Could anyone help with suggestions for an online forum or support group for parents of adults with ASD? I’ve looked and drawn a blank. My child is nearly 40, lives at home with me (which works well) but it is so upsetting to think about what will happen when I am gone. I’m only in my early sixties but don’t have any savings or a way of setting up a trust to give monetary support. It’s upsetting and frightening and I wondered if there were other people in a similar situation. 

• It's a big issue. In social services, I've heard it called the 'second transition' or 'other transition' - the first transition being to adulthood, then the second one is for when you can't support your child.

I'm sure there are other parents on this site in a similar position. If you haven't already, there are some local carers' groups on the NAS directory at https://www.autism.org.uk/directory/browse/cid=79~aid=1.aspx

The "Decisions to make, steps to take" document on the page Graham linked to seems to contain much useful information, including a bit about local authority responsibilities. I hope you can get support from statutory bodies, as well as other parents and maybe the NAS helpline.